Etihad Tranfer Problem

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

SeptoSudiro
    Participant

I flew Business Class on Etihad Airways from New York JFK to Jakarta CGK via Abu Dhabi AUH on June 28, 2103. In New York JFK the Etihad counter did not give my connecting flight EY 7139, a Garuda flight code share with Etihad, boarding pass from AUH to CGK which they said that I must get it in AUH. My flight from New York landed 30 minutes early than schedule at 7.20 PM so I went to Etihad transfer desk in terminal 3, after 20 minutes queue, the transfer desk ask me to go Etihad Transfer desk in Terminal 1. In terminal 1 after 15 minutes queue then again they ask me to Garuda counter, from Garuda counter then asked me to go back to Etihad counter. until 08.20 PM about 50 minutes before the flight depart at 09.15 PM the Etihad transfer desk said that I am not allowed to board Garuda even though all my luggage are checked through to Jakarta by Garuda. Then I have to call Etihad call center to solve my problem my self, Etihad counter did not give me solution until I called Call center and let Etihad call center spoke to one of the Etihad transfer desk officer. Finally after long arguing they let me fly to Jakarta by Etihad next flight EY 472 on the next morning at 11.05 but they did not give any hotel for waiting more than 14 hours. As the frequent traveller, this is by far the worst experience, especially for business class passenger who deserve to get better service from the airline.

Tipperary
    Participant

I was looking into cheap deals to Sydney, and Etihad looks like a good deal. But I’m very concerned by this post.

Anyone have good deals for trips to Sydney. Would be Business Class.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls