Etihad Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

• Desertexpat13
    Participant

Just wanted to update you – I got my status changed to GOLD on 8th June, new card and pack dispatached on the same date.

Good luck to all who have applied.

GuardingTess
    Participant

Applied April 9th, status changed to Gold June 8th. No email or welcome yet!. Will make the GP this year a different experience..
    Bon chance

RBrown9
    Participant

I see I have been upgraded. Guess that means I will give Etihad a try!

first_class_please
    Participant

Mrs FCP, is also now. No welcome email though.

It will be a surprise for her when it arrives.

nissefalk
    Participant

Same here, happened to log into the account today just before booking a flight with EY to Maldives and noticed it is now gold, no communication yet other than as seen on above posts, card dispatched on 8th of June.

Binman62
    Participant

I applied but aside from the “we are inundated email” no more communication. I note others were lucky/successful but how would you go about knowing if you have been accepted?

Has anyone who was not a member before this offer, managed to get anything out of it.?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I sent an email asking to be removed from their mailing list as I did not even receive the courtesy of a reply to my request and was therefore no longer interested in swapping allegiance. It took them a week to reply (but to their credit they did) and here it is:
    ===============================

Etihad Guest Number: xxx

Dear Mr. LP

Thank you for taking the time to contact Etihad Guest Centre.

We would like to confirm to you that there will be no further correspondence to be sent to you from our end.

With regard’s to the Macthing level with Etihad Airways, we are not in reciept of the previous correspondence, we would advise you to send us the scanned copy of the Frequent Flyer Card for Star Alliance and Qatar.

Once we recieve it we will forward it to the concerned team.

We hope to welcome you on Etihad and look forward to serving you onboard in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,
    Sydne Fernandes
    Thanks and Regards

=======================

Shall I rescan as it seems they will still consider matching, and it was a very polite reply, or let it pass?

nissefalk
    Participant

So finally my Etihad matched gold card shows up in the post, and the good news is they have put a validity through 03/2014, not bad at all

Binman62
    Participant

nissefalk…….when did you apply and when did the card arrive? Is there and email address or telephone contact and can you publish here?

nissefalk
    Participant

This was an offer they ran back in April, see the first post on this subject

first_class_please
    Participant

Being run again. If you missed out first time, or did not need an Etihad card at the time…

Dear FCP,
    Do you have a gold or a higher tier card with another airline?

Etihad Guest is delighted to offer a complimentary Etihad Guest Gold card to members who currently hold a gold or a higher tier card with another airline loyalty programme. Simply send through the below documents and we will offer you an Etihad Guest Gold card for free*!

• Scanned copy of the gold or a higher tier card with another airline
    • Scanned copy of the latest miles statement with another airline
    • Etihad Guest membership number

Make sure you send these documents to <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] before 18 June 2013. Remember, this offer is limited to the first 500 eligible members only, so send your details now and go for gold with Etihad Guest.

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Apart from an acknowledgement still nil…zilch…and that was from last year ….same this time but one can never tell with Eti……

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I met the GM (Thailand) – Etihad, whilst in Asia this week who confirmed that status match BA to Etihad was still available.

Whilst I am still travelling to Europe quite a bit, I still think remaining with BA is the best option, purely on the basis of access to free European tickets…(via avios).

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls