Etihad Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

• Desertexpat13
    Participant

Thanks for the update Binman62, I have not heard anything but registered on the 1st day of the promotion launch. Lets see if i get anything similar to your message.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The only thing I received is a statement showing “guest” level and an email about winning some award.

RBrown9
    Participant

I received an email on Thursday thanking me for my request. The mail also says that the response has been overwhelming and that the status of my application will be communicated shortly. I have never flown on EY but have Gold status with Emirates and Gulfair. Since registering for the EY program I have received several emails with attractive but time restricted offers. I hope that this is a genuine offer and not an attempt to build a mailing list for marketing purposes. Given that both GF and EK leave much to be desired I would love to try EY but this would only be worth my while if they grant me Gold status. Guess we will have to wait and see.

first_class_please
    Participant

Hmm, i sent the email on April 9th, just got a read receipt today.

Appears they may not be working through the emails in date received.

first_class_please
    Participant

Never heard anything from Etihad. Anyone else?

Desertexpat13
    Participant

Nothing – all seems to have gone very quiet on this issue,

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Yes…Got this recently …

Dear Terry

Thank you for taking the time to send us your request for our recent Tier Matching promotion.

We have been overwhelmed with responses and are currently working on processing these.

The status of your application will be communicated to you shortly. Your patience and understanding in this regard is much appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Etihad Guest Services Team

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve heard nothing at all. But in order to apply you had to join the FF scheme which I did. Naturally I get all the promo stuff and statements showing me at basic level and zeo points.

I wait in hope, but not expectation!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I received this email from Etihad pre-viewing their new TV ad. I find it reminds me of the footage of the Ethiopian Airways crash landing into the sea. Anyway that’s-the first though that went through my mind. Frightening!

http://www.youtube.com/etihadairways

Cleancabinair
    Participant

Still waiting for a positive reply other than they are still processing the applications …. ! Shame as I have now done my bookings for travel over the summer …. with Emirates !

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I booking now, but with QR and LX since I now have Gold with both. If I’d gotten Gold with Etihad I’d be booking them instead of QR!

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Got back to London from Bangkok yesterday via Abu D on Etihad and …very good .

Not too busy and wifee had a good sleep on both legs only wakening up for ..food..well she is Thai

Early morning start but still had an hour in Royal O Lounge at Suwanna.but passed on the G&T…bit too soon.(got silver status)even for me.

Heathrow still have an IRIS at T4 and we went through in less than a minute.London Underground all OK and running well (Piccad Line)and got to local pub (Enfield ) for last hour.Roll on Gold ..maybe

RBrown9
    Participant

Still waiting for a response like everyone else. In the meantime, I am receiving loads of promotional material which is not necessarily welcome. I had hope they would stick to their commitment of letting people know by the 31st. I hold Gold with EK and GF and bar a status match for me or an exceptionally good price for a long haul ticket I am not tempted to try their services. And I will ask them to remove me from their mailing list!

RBrown9
    Participant

And I assume someone at Etihad does read/monitor BT. It would be nice if Etihad had the courtesy to let everyone know the status of this offer (via a statement or an email to all applicants). I do not think this is too much to expect!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Perhaps it was just a fishing exercise to obtain our email addresses and force many of us to sign up for their FF programme. Looks this way to me now. Inconceivable that a holding reply of some sort could not have been sent out to everyone.

Glad I used a disposable email address which means I can simply delete it and their mail will bounce back. It’s also useful to see who they pass my email details on to, since that address is only for use by Etihad.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls