Etihad Status Match

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

• Anonymous

LeTigre
    Participant

Hi All,

Just noticed an ultra hot deal:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/free-etihad-guest-frequent-flyer-gold-tier-status-match

Looks like a match on ANY airline as far as I can see. Limited to 1000 people only but here’s the link to see for yourself:

http://resources.etihadairways.com/etihadairways/htmls/Newsletter/EyGuest/UAE_Tier_Match_web_04_12.html

Hope this helps,

Hengli123 or LeTigre

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

Love a good status match! Wonder if there are any left by now? May as well apply and see how it goes!

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Thanks, LeTigre, much appreciated.

Desertexpat13
    Participant

Thanks for the information LeTigre.
    Will see what happens after my application.

SteveJohnsonIn0z
    Participant

Does anyone think they will actually cut this off at the 1,000 mark or is that maybe just marketing spin to create a flood of applications, maybe they are just going to bulk up their email database with high flyers for competing airlines?

LeTigre
    Participant

Now that’s an interesting idea…

I get quite a lot of junk mail from Etihad but it is impossible to say what the motive is for this promotion. Considering that they are offering it for free, having a go is still worth it.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

My “worry” was that by the time I applied the 1,000 mark would have gone, so I added a brief resume of my flights, the families and some staff in the hope this would entice them to status match.

As it happens they have very nice flights out of MXP to JNB (my main route) so it would not be a great hardship to switch from Swiss once I’ve re-qualified next month. On Mrs. LP’s insistence I asked Qatar if they would status match and they said no, so I said I was not prepared to give up my benefits and will not fly them.

I applied this morning so I’m curious how long it will take them to reply, one way or the other!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry to bump this thread, but has anyone had any response from Etihad?

I’ve not even received an acknowledgement of my email though I know it was delivered and read.

Desertexpat13
    Participant

No reply yet – I sent my application on Monday.
    Will post any updates that I get back from Etihad.

first_class_please
    Participant

The T&C says you will be advised by May 30 if successfull.

I doubt they will cap at 1,000 it’s just too small a number. Allowing over two weeks for submissions, I’m sure they would have got 1,000 on the first day or two.

Will see what happens, I already have gold but Mrs First Class hasn’t, hopefully they will match one of her other cards.

LeTigre
    Participant

Etihad aren’t actually publicising this deal extensively, and of all the media, it has thus far only reached the Australian BT magazine.

PadraigDelaney
    Participant

there was a similar offere at the end of last year. I applied for a silver status match in February before my tier expired. It is almost 2 months and nothing has been done. Apart from some emails of dispute from a variety of differnt staff that is as far as it has gone. they are a hopeless crew to dealwith customer service sadly. they could really improve this aspect of their guest offering.

Binman62
    Participant

I sent mine off today and will update if anything comes through

Binman62
    Participant

hank your for your interest

This arrived today….

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us  your request for our recent Tier Matching promotion. We have been overwhelmed with responses and are currently working on processing these.

The status of your application will be communicated to you shortly. Your patience and understanding in this regard is much appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls