Etihad faulty air-conditioning sensors

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

beaufoy
    Participant

I flew Etihad Bangkok to Abu Dubi and before take off passengers complained the plane was too hot. The air crew blamed the ground staff, but after take off the problem got worse. After the flight I contacted Etihad who blamed sensors, and offered 20000 air miles compensation which works out to be 100GBP. I suspect said offer to be derisory, and i also suspect Etihad plane staff knew it was not the fault of the ground staff, and knowing the plane was faulty should not have taken off

LuganoPirate
    Participant

You should have opened the window 😉

goalie11
    Participant

I had an issue recently with Etihad when flying business and elevated it to the CEO, James Hogan. His office in Abu Dhabi passed it to their team in Manchester and they contacted me directly.

They told me, and I have to take their word on that, that Etihad have a limit of 20,000 points that they would place in an individual account for service recovery compensation.

I pointed out that to recover the situation the minimum should have been a free single journey and that using points for a business class single would cost about 60,000 points. They agreed and came up with a workaround.

I have my wife and daughter listed on my family account so they awarded each of us individually 20,000 points to make up the 60,000 points that a free flight would cost. It may be easier if they just change their policy but appreciated nonetheless.

Incidentally, when I took that flight I was upgraded to First.

I would keep at them.

beaufoy
    Participant

Whilst on the subject of Etihad I also had problems paying for the flight. Flying from bangkok to dublin I was charged 30000bht /600 gbp when i booked the flight and two days later etihad took for the flight again. I contacted Etihad and they said a soft withdraw was made and it was my bank who made the mistake. My bank (bangkok bank) said it was Etihad at fault…..who is lying

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls