Etihad Airways B777-300ER

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Had arrived from LHR late, so only had a short visit to the Etihad lounge before boarding at a near by gate. Boarding was ordered and we boarded early. We were seated together in the middle, the seat was comfortable, but space was limited, but we had been spoilt in the A380.

Champagne was offered and top ups provided, due to air traffic control we left 20 minutes late, but with a much shorter taxi than on arrival, so took off within 10 minutes of push back. The service was friendly, but no one introduced themselves, post take off drinks were offered and arrived promptly with warmed nuts.

Enjoyed my gin and tonic, my starter of Asian fish soup filled a hole but had a tinned style to it. The fillet of grouper in sweet and sour sauce with bak choi was better. My chenin blanc failed to arrive, but was delivered when requested, no top up was offered until I went to the galley to request one.
    Service felt hurried but lacked the attention to detail. Interestingly another couple were served together and were fussed over by the staff, not sure who they were but it stood out. The flat bed was comfortable and I slept for several hours and dreamt which is always a good sign.

I rang for breakfast and had 2 mini croissants, a fruit smoothie and 2 cups of English breakfast tea, these arrived promptly. We enjoyed the classical music channel.
    Arrival was only 5 minutes late at Sydney.

A very mixed crew, one member stood out, but she wasn't serving in my section, I had a mixed experience, some good some not so in relation to detail.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user peterandrew62 can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls