Etihad Airways B777-300ER Coral Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

LinguaFranca
    Participant

Can’t really fault the service of Ground Staff or Cabin crew as previous review – they were all somewhat very good in comparison to many. What is diabolical is the seating.

Must has been stated in the past about how great the Economy is with Etihad so basically, as one who normally travels business on medium and long haul, I tried it.
    WELL, I must say I was not happy on my return flight which was quite amazing as the outbound to Abu Dhabi was very acceptable.

The difference was the aircraft. London to Abu Dhabi on EY 18 on 13 December 2012 was an Airbus – much more comfortable seats and seemingly more space.
    EY 11 return on 17 December was on a Boeing 777. The seats were cramped and very uncomfortable, not helped by a hard armrest with a width half that of the depth of a credit card [1 inch], pitch not appropriate for a person of 5 feet, 6 inches, let alone my height of 6 feet, 1 inch.

Quite simply, though a lover of the airline in general, on this occasion, Etihad have got the seating completely wrong in the 777 to justify them being a ‘cut above the rest’ – maybe they should take a look at the seat pitches and comfortable seating offered by others in Economy.

MarcusUK
    Participant

I have flown Etihad since the very first months, in all classes. Their Economy cabins were excellent and certainly when you divide a flight to Asia with a stop in AUH, was comfortable and sufficient.

However, i think their 777’s like some other Airlines, they added one seat across, meaning 10 seats, 3-4-3. The best Airlines, do not have 10 seats in their aircraft economy cabins, and i would not travel on aircraft that them.
    these days, you look at type type of aircraft used, as well as the carrier. with whatever cabin you fly in. The variations within one Airlines can be so great.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls