Etihad Airways announces more cutbacks

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

• rferguson
    Participant

Etihad seems to continue to have issues with filling their aircraft profitably. I read today they are axing PER-AUH.

capetonianm
    Participant

Maybe they feel that QF PER-LHR is going to take away a lot of their traffic. I wouldn’t have thought so.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

There has to be a EK-EY merger at some stage, when pride allows.

canucklad
    Participant

I notice that their EDI route is under threat too, which limits choice to TK or QR if your inclined to transit via the Mid East to wherever you’re finally heading.

Again it shows a wee bit of restricted linear thinking on the part of EY’s management. I’d have thought creating a triangular route that includes ABZ suddenly attracts the potential of point to point travel supplementing the existing transfer traffic that I assume dominates the EDI payload.

Potentially it also improves the chances of increased cargo ….. but then again I don’t have experience in running an airlines

paulkaz
    Participant

Ex Per soon to have 2 EK and 1 QR A380 flights. EY got squeezed. I read 60% of QF 9 forward bookings are ex Per balance split from Mel and Bne. Makes the flight vulnerable to competition as Bne Mel passengers can go via Sin.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=861672]There has to be a EK-EY merger at some stage, when pride allows.[/quote]

I don’t think they will ever merge, partly, even mainly, for this reason.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=861721]

There has to be a EK-EY merger at some stage, when pride allows.

I don’t think they will ever merge, partly, even mainly, for this reason.[/quote]

It will be difficult, but remember that the Burj Khalifa was originally going to be the Burj Dubai, so if needs must it is possible.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

The latest change will see No1 Lounges manage Etihad’s facility at Heathrow T4, with the facility being rebranded as “The House – Home of Etihad Airways and Other Leading Airlines”

No1 Lounges to manage Etihad lounge at Heathrow T4

MarkivJ
    Participant

Will they soon be selling M&S buy on Board in their first class suites? Sad to see any kind of airline go down so soon.

first_class_please
    Participant

I have to say, after visiting the lounge at Manchester last week, which I visit 5-6 times a year, the food offerings were a vast improvement to how things were previously, with the new operator 1903 lounges.

Maybe Heathrow with the amount of flights and A380 planes should be kept in house, but for a smaller lounge like Manchester with just 2 flights a day, at 9am and 8pm it makes sense to have somebody run it for you and make use of the empty 8 hours, 9am – 5pm.

Mark Caswell
    Keymaster

I’ve just updated the article with a few more details now available, as well as an image of the new branding:

UPDATED: No1 Lounges to manage Etihad lounge at Heathrow T4

rferguson
    Participant

Etihad has also announced that their lounges in Sydney and Melbourne will also be taken over by No1 and be rebranded as The House.

rferguson
    Participant

Etihad is ‘enhancing’ it’s A321/A320 fleet. They are retrofitting the Y cabins with new slimline seats from Acro (although they haven’t stated the new seat count) and personal seatback TV’s are being removed and replaced with a streaming service although they will not provide portable devices.

Meals in Y will also be ‘enhanced’ with larger mains – although the salad/side will disappear and desserts will only be given out on flights over three hours.

Inthesandpit
    Participant

A friend of mine has just travelled out to AUH on EY, originally booked on BA LHR-AUH he was rerouted as his domestic connection was delayed and he missed the connection so BA rerouted him on EY.

He was telling me the A380 was fairly new, very clean and very empty having a row of seats to himself in Y. The service however was a shock, no pre main meal drinks round, only one alcoholic beverage served with the meal, after tea or coffee no further food service until a tea or coffee offering prior to landing.

The second meal or snack has disappeared, if you want something to eat or drink post the main meal it is only available to purchase.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls