Etihad Airways A330-200 Pearl Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DutchinSwitzerland
    Participant

flight was the second leg going from GVA-AUH via AMS so no info on check-in. Passport going from the Schengen to the non-Schengen area now features automated passport control for European passports featuring chip technology which really speeds up the process.

Lounge
    Since this is a code-share with KLM you can use the KLM crown lounge between te E and F gates. I have plenty negative comments about this lounge but i’m always quite happy to use. Having been served a nice salad on the KLM flight from Geneva I wasn’t too interested in food offerings but the chicken curry and soup tasted great. The lounge indeed is a bit of big open space but at least the seats are comfy and the wi-fi fast enough

Boarding
    We arrived quite late at the gate and security checks were in full swing.Having access to the sky priority lane meant that we could walk straight to the front of the line. Boarding started at the moment that i was going through security so was on board pretty fast. Pleasantly greeted on entering and guided to my seat 7A

On board
    Etihad offers fully flat seats in business in a 1-2-1 lay-out. Although the seats are slightly narrow i found them comfortable for both sitting and sleeping. Being on a 6 hour flight departing at 10pm the sleeping was most important for me. Was offered a range of drinks after i sat down and my jacket was take. Shortly after take-off a second drink order was taken with warm nuts and orders were taken for dinner. Since it was late i only took the starter of arabian mezze which was really nice. Watched one video on the IFE which really has a nice size screen and was easily controlled. Put my seat in “bed” position and managed to have some hours of sleep before being awoken for landing.

Landing and arrival
    Here is where the trouble started, about 10 minutes after putting my seat upright and seeing the crew getting ready for landing the captain came on the PA telling that we were placed in a holding pattern due to congestiom at the airport caused by dense fog which slowed down the flow of aircraft. This too about 1 hour so i put my seat in acomfortable position again and dozed a bit more. When we finally touched we got to the gate pretty quickly and were first to disembark. The fast-track card was helpful although it wasn’t too busy. Cleared imigratiom within minutes and them the long wait for my luggage started even though i had a priority tag. All in all I was out of the aiport about 45 minutes after landing.

Overall
    This was my first time with Etihad and i am looking forward to try them for a longer flight to really sample their food and IFE services, good score for this first flight for sure

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls