Etihad Airways A330-200 (2-class new) Coral Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

CameronStone
    Participant

I had heard only good things about several of the airlines based in the Middle East. My decision to fly with Etihad was based purely on cost, as they proved slightly cheaper than Qatar and Emirates.

The latter two airlines are either some of the best around or need to consider bringing down their prices just a tad, because this flight was arguably the best I have ever been on.

I’m under 6ft and I still find legroom an issue on planes, so I can only imagine the issues this causes to my taller peers. On this flight it was not an issue due to not only the natural legroom provided by the seating layout but by the clever mechanics of the seat. In leyman’s terms, as you recline your seat, the back slides backwards (as you would imagine) but additionally, the ‘seat’ part of the chair moves forward which ultimately results in a chair that can actually provide the means for a reasonable bit of sleep. Maybe I’m easily pleased but I was fascinated and very pleased with this.

The menu was good and the choice of middle eastern food and/or a middle eastern spin on food was a nice touch and delicious too. This food was tasty in it’s own right, let alone impressive for airplane food.

The entertainment was very good. The films and TV shows were just to my liking, there was actually too much to choose from but I certainly won’t be lodging that as an official complaint here. I also enjoyed the music choices which featured music from what must be every corner of the globe and my inquisitive ear scanned over all sorts of jams from American Blues, to Asian Sitar classics.

Service was always there and very polite. The plane was exceptionally clean and almost sparkling inside – however this may have something to do with how new the plane is to the fleet.

All in all this was a fantastic flight, and for an infrequent flyer such as myself it opened my eyes to just how important those little touches are on a flight, and in the future I will certainly be disappointed to receive anything less than I did on this Etihad flight (even if that is too much to ask for)

Overall: 17/20

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls