Etihad A380 and B787-9

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

• nmh1204
    Participant

John, there’s very little difference in price for The Residence for 1 or 2 people, its about an extra £200 for 2 in The Residence, so it works out better value to travel with someone as the price is almost the same, so in effect, 1 person is pretty much free

JohnHarper
    Participant

nmh1204 – 07/05/2014 15:35 GMT

When Mrs JH costed it there was £9K difference over the price of F. It’s just about 50% more when two of you travel.

nmh1204
    Participant

Ouch, I had a look earlier today for dates in January, and got only 200-odd more for the extra person.

I’ve looked again, and a return for one person comes to £25,260.00
    fees etc of £196.11, totalling £25,456.11

For two people, is now odly the same, £25,260, but fees etc are £392.22, totalling £25,652.22

edit – oh, you meant 9k over normal first class. I meant there’s only a £200 or so difference for an extra person in The Residence, I didn’t mean compared to normal first, sorry for the confusion.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I still think it’s worth trying but we might wait until schedules are released for the A380 to fly AUH-SYD, the sector from LHR-AUH hardly feels long enough to enjoy it.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I can’t wait to try C – I can’t afford F but the new C looks great – the best in the business by a long way.

nmh1204
    Participant

this has been bugging me for a while – looking through the photos that Tom took in the Etihad Innovation Centre, and the official Etihad photos, none of the seats or beds in first (on the a380) or The Residence have seatbelts, or anywhere for them to fasten, except for the seats in the onboard lounge – there appears to be a hole in the middle of the seats that the seatbelt fastens into.

Only in the videos where it shows the concept (at 0:07, first video),before the real thing are there any seatbelts, and where it shows the real thing, there’s no seatbelts in The Residence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhl8GyXfBY
    and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLZ2iDLPcxw in the video where Dannii explores The Residence, there’s no seatbelts. Strange.

MarcusUK
    Participant

You may well be able to bid from a week before, for an upgrade from Studios, to Apartments.
    I did for recent flights from C to F very successfully.
    Now as a Gold member, or paid for upgrade will be equally offered.
    Etihad are very clever bidding off upgrades a week before, it means no upgrading needed at the gate, much time and very clever and strategic management of loads.
    I cannot see even |SQ matching them these days, as SQ have cut back on services and foods on the Asia to Odd routes for eg, one meal for a 7 hrs flight.
    None of this with Etihad.

scott66
    Participant

Steering back to the Ethiad First Class review, I note the wine list features Dog Point SB from NZ, A winery set up up by two former members of the Cloudy Bay team, Ivan Sutherland and James Healy. If you think you’ve had enough of NZ SB. This wine certainly makes you think again on the ground. It would be interesting to try it at 35,000 ft.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls