Ethiopian Airlines B737 crash

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=922710]The Dallas News version is more detailed:[/quote]

But there is a paywall. Many of our readers reside outside N America.

Ahmad
    Participant

[quote quote=922711]

The Dallas News version is more detailed:

But there is a paywall. Many of our readers reside outside N America.[/quote]

I am also outside N America but can access the page without an issue. Didn’t realise it is behind a paywall for some regions. Wish I could find an alternative link, tried a quick search but wasn’t successful. Pity because the article has several useful links to other sources. I can cut and paste the article if you are unable to access it.

Ahmad
    Participant

Finally!

US to ground all Boeing crash aircraft http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47562727

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=922714]I am also outside N America but can access the page without an issue.[/quote]

Apologies, Ahmad.

It doesn’t appear to be a paywall … a screen appeared and blocked the text.

I then read “our [Dallas News] site is unavailable to European Union visitors while we work with our partners to ensure your data is protected.”

LetsGoOutside
    Participant

As reported by Ahmad a little earlier, the Boeing 737 Max is now finally banned from US airspace.

With this news, we now know why Boeing’s CEO called President Trump yesterday. It was to ask for a favor: “Please ban our plane before the FAA does it.” President Trump was pleased to oblige and carried out his instructions. The benefit for Boeing, of course, is that President Trump will be able to reverse his order as soon as Boeing announces that the software patch required has been completed. This ensures that the aircraft will return to the air much faster than if the order had to be reversed by the FAA itself and after thorough reviews (not to mention the slow motion in which this particular agency operates). Well played Boeing!

ghlotus
    Participant

Hard to believe the FAA won’t demand the final say, as their entire reputation is on the line. Or maybe they’ll just stay quiet to avoid any responsibility.

LetsGoOutside
    Participant

It now looks like FAA has re-appropriated Trump’s decision and issued its own order. We are back to normal operating procedure. Reauthorization will have to be approved by FAA after all.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

BBC story

BBC News – Boeing grounds entire crash aircraft fleet

“…What’s interesting here, though, is what the FAA has actually said.

While the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority, for example, said its actions were simply precautionary, the FAA has gone further.

The US regulator, which is actually involved in the investigation, says it has made its decision as a result of new evidence collected at the site and analysed today – as well as satellite data.

That will have set alarm bells ringing at Boeing’s headquarters in Seattle.”

canucklad
    Participant

It would have been interesting to have the NTSB’s thoughts on the situation.

Never understood the relationship between the FAA and the NTSB, and why it seems to be more acrimonious than harmonious. Especially on matters of safety.

I presume it’s similar to that of the normal police force and the traffic cops

Ahmad
    Participant

Alex,

If you have not already read the Dallas News article by using a US vpn I can always cut and paste the text here. Unfortunately, the links I mentioned will not be available. If any other poster is more tech savvy they might be able to find another way around the issue. The reason my cut and paste solution is last resort is that there may be copyright issues, this being a public forum.

Michael Allen

Here is our report on the global Max grounding:

Boeing 737 Max now grounded globally

AMcWhirter
    Participant

[quote quote=922754]Alex,

If you have not already read the Dallas News article by using a US vpn I can always cut and paste the text here.[/quote]

Thanks, Ahmad.

*******************************************************************************************

Now there’s the possibility Garuda may cancel its MAX orders.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ethiopia-airplane-garuda-indonesia/garuda-indonesia-ceo-says-possibility-airline-will-cancel-boeing-737-max-orders-idUKKCN1QV0Z1

Ahmad
    Participant

Alex,

I have managed to copy the article on PDF. Not sure if the links will work.

Dallas-News-Article-on-B737-MAX

5 users thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Ahmad – Thank you the links work perfectly. Yes it’s a detailed, enlghtening piece.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ahmad
    Participant

An excerpt from the avherald:

Non Comment

I don’t think I need to comment…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls