Estonian Air CRJ900 Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I stayed overnight at the Ulemiste Hotel close by the airport in Tallinn prior to my early departure and, after a cup of coffee in the bar area, walked the 10 minutes up the road to the airport and the check-in for my flight to Amsterdam. I had printed my boarding passes the day before and, because of the nature of the kind gifts given to me by friends in Estonia, decided to check my small bag through to Glasgow. There was no queue so this was completed in less than a minute. Likewise, security was a breeze and I then waited in the departures area and caught up with e-mails (and the Test Match) courtesy of the free airport wifi.

Boarding was relaxed and relatvely quick and I was soon in 10D – seating on the CRJ900 is 2-2 with relatively generous space both forwards and to the side. The First Officer announced a flying time of 2’10” and we pushed back in good time. I slept much of the way to Amsterdam and thus missed the pay-for service. The last time I had taken this service in December (2 years ago) we landed in a blizzard and Schipol was closed for about 12 hours so it was great to arrive on a damp, mild morning. We landed on time and, after a short taxi, parked in the ‘bus gate zone’.

We were quickly bussed to the terminal and I used the efficient e-gates to exit Schengen and make my way to the (rather remote) KLM Lounge to wait for my onward flight.

As I have recently noted, Estonian Air now offer an efficient and reliable service on CRJ and Embraer aircraft, perfectly suited to their feeder services to major European hubs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls