Enterprise Car Rental .. Sharp practice !!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

So I booked a car rental in Miami for Xmas and New Year with Enterprise. A fortnight which will cost around $ 1100 for a Chevy Tahoe. I call to advise them that I will only be taking the car for the second week, as I need to stay in London for Xmas.

The price for the revised one week rental changes to $7 less than the original 2 week booking.

That is what I call a con .. Dealing with a company who operate sharp practice.

BigDog.
    Participant

Maybe Bullfrog though dynamic pricing as pretty much par for the course for the rental industry.

As MIA has a huge rental depot, suggest you get new pricing based on your revised dates from across the range suppliers. Cancel enterprise if saving is worth it.

If a frequent renter, consider buying the “additional” insurance cover (eg CDW) over in the UK, some Amex cards include this, it could save a great deal on the add-ons airport renters try to shaft customers with.

Enjoy having a warm Exmas!

rferguson
    Participant

Bullfrog what was Enterprise’s explanation to the price (in)difference?

Bullfrog
    Participant

The telephone assistant indicated that as I had booked quite far in advance, I had secured an advantageous rate. Now that it was the week before Xmas, any adjustment to my booking would reflect current pricing.

I am looking around at other companies. I do have the American Express Platinum card to avoid CDW charges.

I have a 3 week booking in February with Enterprise, but I’m likely to rent elsewhere now.

SimonS1
    Participant

Isn’t that what happens on most transport systems – you pay a change fee and the difference in fare?

In fact on many airlines the booking would be non flexible and you would lose your money.

BA319131
    Participant

There is nothing unusual in this pricing at all.

Book far in advance and you will generally get a better rate, last minutes changes and bookings at Christmas reflect the huge demand and therefore pricing.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I know it will be too late for this trip, but if you look at booking through Virgin Holidays, Upper Class, the car hire is virtually thrown in….. but you are sometimes limited to length of stay.

I sometimes book cars in Orlando at obscure locations and this can work out cheaper. Rather than q’ing at airport counters, take a taxi to the location. Savings can be significant.

I generally never book direct with car rental company, rather use a “broker”. There is one worth calling in Manchester Carhire 3000

http://www.carhire3000.com/Home.do?adplat=google&affiliateCode=google_brand3&label=Brand-Location1-5tsOXncZfU5*vcfyouifPQS36833458452&ws=&gclid=CjwKEAiA_NmkBRCe3ubC1aWAtEcSJACxkkbqXq-qIyxN-3xjmj6J7lg0o_lszKBBRXSPHUPr6F6nyxoCfnPw_wcB

sometimes they have very good last minute deals…

Good luck and enjoy Miami…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls