Emirates unveils new seats for the B777-300ER – including new first class

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

• capetonianm
    Participant

The World’s Favourite Airline :

He later spoke to British Airways to question their procedure of handling deaths in flights – and was told to “get over it if you haven’t got any better ideas”, he said.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Reminds me of this Alex cartoon.

ax070409

thebigseats
    Participant

J on EK B777 is a complete joke. I will tell them this at Dubai Airshow this week when I will board this aircraft. They will NOT be refurbishing B777 either (I hear) & only 9 new B777 in this config by end 2018 – I will continue to steer well clear of EK as most routes I would fly are….B777, so, no thank you very much indeed.

capetonianm
    Participant

Brilliant LP! I love those Alex cartoons, they always hit the spot.

GivingupBA
    Participant

Thanks for the Alex cartoon LuganoPirate, I love the black humour. It’s put me in a good mood for the day anyway!

K1ngston
    Participant

Awesome LP made me chuckle ….. +1

thebigseats
    Participant

I stepped on board the new B777 today at Dubai Airshow. It all looks nice & plush & luxe. But….. the new B777 biz seat is not only 2-3-2 it has somewhat enhanced/taller/better privacy dividers – problem is they don’t move down/back very much at all & it will (quite literally) be pain in the neck to converse with your travelling companion. Fine if travelling solo then? Oh, wait – that is also a complete pain having to step over your seat mates legs! Having sat in the seat, it feels tight.

What the £”+%! were EK thinking. Yeah, I get it – they don’t NEED to do anymore to maintain loads etc but……. even the lovely EK people I was chatting to “admitted” this config/design etc is the source of the biggest number of negative comments they received at the show. Hardly surprising.

The F cabin is also super plush but is really no more than a tarting up (nice tarting up though) of what they already have. No meaningful innovation. An epic fail all round as far as the customer is concerned. I will continue to fly QR/EY/SQ where possible.

DerekVH
    Participant

I am left wondering why Emirates are spending a significant amount on UK TV advertising this new first class when the UK>DXB routes are primarily served by A380’s? Is this a sign there are aircraft changes in the offing or is this just for the benefit of my friends in Glasgow who continue to have 777 on the DXB route?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

DerekVH – But UK-DXB is only a part of the Emirates network. Very many of its services out of DXB are operated by B777-300ERs.

As we reported last year Emirates has operated an A380 one-off into GLA. But the airport’s taxi-ways and airbridges need improving before regular flights can commence.

Emirates’ A380 to serve Glasgow?

DerekVH
    Participant

Thanks Alex, I do understand that but what I don’t follow is the logic of expensive TV advertising in the UK, they are pushing a product which will not be available to the majority of UK>DXB Emirates passengers (unless changing at DXB to a 777 route).

AMcWhirter
    Participant

It is strange, Derek, I agree. All I would say is that Emirates is a global airline appealing to nationals of many, many different countries. And the vast majority of travellers departing the UK with Emirates will be changing planes in DXB. The percentage will depend on the UK originating airport but, in the case of the UK regions, this can be as high as 70-80 percen.

MarcusGB
    Participant

I certainly also would not choose the Business class layout, especially as it is also becoming less favourable to have windows seat 2-2-2 next to each other on other Airlines, compared to staggered seating. It seems more of a Premium Economy arrangement, clearly for the Economic benefit of The Airline.

I am also shocked by the Qantas dreamliners featuring 2-2-2 layout, for the Perth – LHR non stop flights! This is really “cramming” people in, and it is not a large Aircraft for space, or places to go to, or walk and stretch, as would be considered healthy.
    This was shown in the last days on Australian TV on a documentary. Other Airlines such as KLM, Oman, Etihad have 1-2-1 on Dreamliners.

I do not fly EK, but neither am i tempted to either with these seats, neither would i choose the Qantas packed in Dreamliner for ultra long haul flights.
    If you want to talk of healthy travel, space to move, exercise during flights, such flights would inevitably have a higher incidence of medical issues on board, than more specious aircraft & seating / cabins, flying less hours?

thebigseats
    Participant

Emirates marketing machine versus reality. Simple. Good luck to them if it works in the long term. It has so far.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Slightly off thread, since it refers to the retro-fit of the B777-200LR fleet, but the new configuration of the B777-200LR fleet will be two-class.

Routes online says it will be 38 business class seats and 268 economy seats, and will debut on routes such as Fort Lauderdale from 25 March, 2018, and also Ahmedabad, Karachi, Mumbai, Yinchuan – Zengzhou.

Some speculation as to whether it will be the same new business class that is on the B777-300ER… or not.

Reasons for believing not is that it is rumoured to be a 2-2-2 configuration in business class, unlike the 2-3-2 on the B777-300ERs…

and if that were the case, perhaps it is a dry-run for the business class on the B777-X….

Having said that, I think it more likely to be the seat pictured above, but without the dreaded middle seat, and instead, more room…. which might make it comfortable for the flight over to Fort Lauderdale (and other destinations)….

This is the current B777-200LR 3-class configuration.

and this is the promotional video for the new B777-300ER seat…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls