Emirates transits in Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

SofiaTan
    Participant

I have just booked a flight which transits in Dubai at midnight. I have allowed a 3 hour slot for the transit … is that enough?

I do not want to miss my connecting flight but then I thought that at this time of the day 1-3am … is there anything to see at Dubai Airport? Or is it ghost town apart from passengers changing planes ??

Anyone has experienced that before and could shed some light please?

Thanks
    S

tarisingh
    Participant

3 hours is plenty of time -airport is alive 24 hours , shops,shops,shops – very expensive!

CrazyCanuck
    Participant

Hi Sofia,

I transit through Dubai often. If your on EK, stick to the lounge (if you can find a place!). Otherwise the shopping is overrated.

Three hours is fine though, get your walking shoes on as you might have a long walk ahead of you….

SofiaTan
    Participant

Thank you for the replies!

The mention of the long walk did not really excite me … that huge uh?

Well, at least I’ll be prepared now! Thanks again. S

Kentflyer
    Participant

the early hours are one of the busiest times for Dubai ariport – you will be amazed with the amout of departures to every corner of the world. it can be quite a mad house, so if you do have lounge access, use that, but having been there numerous times, its not very business class lounge like as its huge and there are lots of poeple taking spaces with bags on chairs and using them as beds !! you will be better off browsing the shops etc..

skywards
    Participant

When i transit at DXB sometimes i only have 1.5 hours and its enough time for me, if you are flying economy give yourself a head start by booking at seat closer to the front of economy on the left side of the aircraft if it worrys you, sometimes you have to board a fleet of buses and they could drop you of at the other end of the airport which then means you have a bit of a walk, in all 3 hours is plenty of time even if you have to board a bus and walk from T1 to T3.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Certainly be cautious about expecting a bargain while browsing in DXB; it is rarely good value in my experience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls