Emirates suspends another New York flight

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

There has been little awareness of this development …

But a decline in passengers flying between Dubai and New York (many of whom will have originated from other destinations in India, Africa and so on) means that Emirates will be suspending one of its three daily non-stop flights for much of June.

The flight affected is EK207/EK208.

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-cuts-flights-to-new-york-1.2023732

This is in addition to the US cutbacks already announced – see below.

Emirates to cut US frequencies

SimonS1
    Participant

I saw EK had downgraded one of the LGW flights to a 777 as well.

In fact there has been an increasing amount of comment about Emirates and its cuts recently. For example:

Emirates, a love story gone wrong

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/emirates-love-story-gone-wrong-marco-celentano

I hope EK is not going down the BA path of dumbing down everything to the lowest common denominator as Etihad and Qatar are a viable alternative.

capetonianm
    Participant

Maybe people are starting to realise the nasty truths about Emirates and DXB and are voting with their feet and their morals.

ontherunhome
    Participant

I used Emirates once on a Qantas codeshare to DXB. I was not impressed and wont use them again. Also found DXB to be slow, and unpleasant. I think we will see some customers opting for quality over price.Maybe, just maybe the ME3 will realise that things can and do change, sometimes not in their favour.

ZKSmith
    Participant

I think it’s worth remembering that this cutback is during the holy month of Ramadan, when both business and tourism in the Middle East slows down. I’d be interested to learn just how much traffic Emirates are losing due to the US electronics ban, and if their sales will pick up again if and when all European airlines are also affected by a ban.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

ZKSmith – You may be correct. But no mention of the service being cut because of Ramadan.

Emirates is saying this New York flight is being dropped during June as part of its routine operational review and aims to ensure its capacity is deployed to best serve customer demand across our global network.

It must also be remembered that Emirates is a sixth-freedom airline and very many of its US-bound passengers are transitting DXB from India, Africa, SE Asia and so on.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai-s-emirates-cuts-daily-flight-service-new-york-673261.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls