Emirates service deteriorating

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

• K1ngston
    Participant

Harry, I will update the thread definitely, I certainly looked at the alternatives I have flown recently QR and loved their service even in the back, but this is my own treat in J and the kicker for me is that they fly to LGW which is the most convenient airport for for me whilst there!

I have just had a friend return from JFK via EK and he said the experience was great so I am keen to find out myself. The flight is in November but I will update as and when.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

[quote quote=823983]We know prostitution exists everywhere, and where it’s partaken of by both parties voluntarily I see nothing wrong with it. It’s the disgusting double standards and abuse in DXB that I object to[/quote]

Absolutely. Even strait-laced Singapore has the infamous building with “four floors of whores”! And in a country where buggery is illegal and even oral sex is against the law unless a prelude to heterosexual intercourse, there are a surprising number of gay bars.

Hong Kong is not a lot better, and much of the liberalisation in our own laws is as a result of the courts taking a firm stand against the government.

But I digress (again). Sorry!!

TheLion
    Participant

[quote quote=824020]

We know prostitution exists everywhere, and where it’s partaken of by both parties voluntarily I see nothing wrong with it. It’s the disgusting double standards and abuse in DXB that I object to

Absolutely. Even strait-laced Singapore has the infamous building with “four floors of whores”! And in a country where buggery is illegal and even oral sex is against the law unless a prelude to heterosexual intercourse, there are a surprising number of gay bars.

Hong Kong is not a lot better, and much of the liberalisation in our own laws is as a result of the courts taking a firm stand against the government.

But I digress (again). Sorry!!

[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly with you both. Government and societal hypocrisy is evident all over the globe. Yet we still haven’t progressed far enough so that a consenting adult is free to love another adult of their choice. It would resolve many issues is our world if governments and religions evolved to let go of their medieval ways.

Sorry to digress myself 🙂

On Emirates…I think their service and soft product (food, drink & approach) allied to convenience of multiple connections and secondary city to secondary city was what originally wooed people. Their hard product, A380 excepted, has been mediocre and often behind the times; 7 abreast business class recliners, 10 abreast in 777s before most etc.

Now it seems pax are more experienced, are able to compare carriers, research their trips more and thus able to vote with their feet, whereas before perhaps they were none the wiser.

K1ngston
    Participant

Just a follow on from my mention of travelling home on EK J I have been able to get a much better deal on QR and will not be using them this time, I had an amazing experience with QR in Economy a couple of months ago when my husband and I flew back to be married in the UK, so I am really excited to try their J product….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

K1ngston

Firstly, congratulations on your marriage 🙂

Having flown in both, QR business is (to me at least) their signature premium cabin and it is better than EK (though that is not a condemnation, just a ranking).

QR does have a lot of different aircraft, with different seats, but I’ve found all to be good or better and the service is fab.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I was looking at a BKK-DOH-LHR routing the other day and the BKK-DOH leg was on a A340-600.
    I last flew on one of these in J 5 years ago and it was not good then…
    Agreed, most of their seats are very good, but with so many different planes, best to check exactly what you’re going to get.

Not that I regularly fly EK, but the times I have the seat in the A380 is outstanding in J, not so the 777.
    Service and food, not that great and I’d agree it has dropped off a bit over time.

QR service generally good, though for some reason I’ve noticed pax being ruder to the onboard staff on this airline than almost any other.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=825972]I was looking at a BKK-DOH-LHR routing the other day and the BKK-DOH leg was on a A340-600.
    I last flew on one of these in J 5 years ago and it was not good then…
    Agreed, most of their seats are very good, but with so many different planes, best to check exactly what you’re going to get.

Not that I regularly fly EK, but the times I have the seat in the A380 is outstanding in J, not so the 777.
    Service and food, not that great and I’d agree it has dropped off a bit over time.

QR service generally good, though for some reason I’ve noticed pax being ruder to the onboard staff on this airline than almost any other.

[/quote]

Alan, your experience is way out of date, though I agree the old angled seats were rubbish.

This is the new layout and the new seats are good.

http://www.theqatarsource.com/seatmaps/346/24j348y.html

capetonianm
    Participant

Perhaps you haven’t flown to TLV then, and indeed nor have I, but my many friends in the airlines tell me that pax to TLV are by far the rudest on any route they fly regularly.
    I assume that QR don’t operate that route!
    I’m just about to take a friend to the airport for an EK flight, I shall await with interest her feedback, but she’s as much of an EK fan as I am not.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

capetonianm – I have not flown to TLV(!)

FDOS – I looked at QR’s own website, which going on the link you shared, may well be out of date as it still advertises the old angled seats in J:
    https://www.qatarairways.com/content/dam/documents/fleet/seatmap-a340-600-306.pdf

K1ngston
    Participant

Thanks for your good wishes FDOS much appreciated…. indeed was a great day

capetonianm your assumption is correct QR do not fly to TLV, but if they did might curb the rudeness LOL.. However to the point of people being rude on flights to TLV in my experience its not rudeness its a clash of cultures especially with the ultra orthodox who will refuse to sit next to women and head to the front of the plane to pray at certain points of the flight

They are stubborn I have experienced it many times hell I lived there for 15 years but not rude, to say an Israeli is rude is to misunderstand Israelis completely and the way things are done.. I am sure it comes across as rude but generally it isnt

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls