Emirates Seeks Etihad Takeover to Create World’s Largest Airline

Back to Forum

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 27 Sep 2018
at 10:30

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• alainboy56
    Participant

@stuart “the two Sheikhdoms are fiercely competitive….” Perhaps up to 10 years ago, this was at least the impression given. However since the banking crisis of, was it 2008?, that is no longer the case. Difficult to write any details here, and furthermore due to local sensitivities, one cannot imply anything, but some of those who live in UAE or work/visit UAE frequently know the the real story here.

Maybe, just joking here, but the new airline, will it be called ETIHAD EMIRATES ????? (ETIHAD means UNITED in arabic)

@captonianm — #890902 — if you really knew the half of it…………….

alainboy56
    Participant

@luganopirate and @captonianm — Yes here its Al Khaleej al Arabi – literally The Gulf of the Arabs ie The Arabian Gulf.
    Furthermore anything Irani here at the moment at least in the government/political divide, is absolutely taboo.

capetonianm
    Participant

@captonianm — #890902 — if you really knew the half of it…………

I know more than many. I had to get involved a few years ago on behalf of a friend’s sister who was taken there and abducted. Vile doesn’t begin to describe that place. I can’t say more as it would potentially put others at risk. I will never set foot in that place again, nor on their airlines.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BT November cover
BT November cover
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls