Emirates Manchester-Dubai

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

OtardXO
    Participant

Need to make a visit to Dubai. Thinking of flying Business Class with Emirates direct from Manchester. Or is better to take the shuttle to Heathrow and fly with Virgin Upper Class or BA Club?

AndrewPorter
    Participant

Or Qatar Airays – Man to Doha and on to Dubai

KENSMITH1
    Participant

The direct flight has been fine whenever i’ve used it. Avoid Heathrow like the plague!!

ChrisWallace
    Participant

I’d try any alternative to avoid the hell hole of Heathrow. Ex Man you have a number of European choices e.g. Air France or Lufthansa, but personally my preferred options would be Emirates, Etihad (via Abu Dhabi) or Qatar (via Doha) – all good choices with excellent business class that puts BA to shame. Hope this helps.

Henryp1
    Participant

Be careful with EK as lots of the planes have old J product, nil flat beds etc, just chairs which recline okish. I would rather fly into LHR and take BA or VS, 7 hours is 7 hours and would like to be comfortable. Also prices the same

me2uonly2000
    Participant

Yep agree with Henry … the J class config and seats on EK can be a bit ropey unless you can definitely tell what a/c you are flying as the layout does vary…

Also the service on EK has definitely slipped … overstretched with their expansion and the standards have not kept up in the cabin….

If trying to avoid LHR and want business class comfort check out out silverjet from Luton ….. just getting to & from Luton to MAN

Good Luck
    Gulf SLF (SLF = self loading freight…airline slang for passengers!)

OtardXO
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the replys. I’ve booked with emirates. The convenience of the direct flight has won the day.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls