Emirates: Liverpool to Dubai?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

• andystock
    Participant

Why would Emirates fly to Liverpool? Liverpool airport is the stanstead of the north!

Bucksnet
    Participant

Liverpool airport is the Southend of the north, not Stansted.

ConstantFlyer1
    Participant

Emirates has a long list of potential routes, but I doubt any of them is in the UK. Emirates is a global airline and will be looking at potential high yield routes in areas of the world where the economic downturn has been far less pronounced than the UK.

727jesmond
    Participant

Stansted of the North sounds pretty accurate, Southend of the north, would be more like Blackpool Airport.

Bucksnet
    Participant

The new Southend is bigger than Blackpool, and Stansted is much bigger than Liverpool.

skywards
    Participant

Liverpool to Manchester what is it in miles 30?

You’d be deranged if you were paying a premium price for a business class ticket and didn’t fly from MAN…the lounge..the A380 business class seat…i live in Newcastle and fly EK on their A330.200 and its business class seat sucks, as for the Cheviot lounge at NCL that EK use…i don’t even use it no more and if i do its only to use the free wifi and to grab a bag of Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps with a milky coffee….in the summer its murder anyway with young males drinking as much as they can to justify the £16 pounds entry price before their 3 hour flight to Alicante on Easyjet.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Hello Constantflyer, EK’s president gave a recent interview to a US news channel in which he said that EK was looking at another UK city which would either be in the north or the west.

I don’t know about the west (unless Bristol or Cardiff can handle an A330) but Edinburgh is a logical one for the north.

craigwatson
    Participant

news is out, no new routes, just increase in frequencies from Glasgow and Newcastle. Both go double daily now

AMcWhirter
    Participant

The interview was published by Bloomberg on March 21. I believe it took place after the announcement of extra flights to Glasgow and Newcastle.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-21/emirates-says-whole-load-of-airlines-will-fail-in-fuel-squeeze.html

At the end of the interview, EK’s Tim Clark is quoted as saying there is a possibility of adding a further UK destination which, he says “could be north of the border or further west.”

The interview also reveals that EK will also select one other destination to serve in France. Marseilles, Lyon and Toulouse are all mentioned.

DanDare1975
    Participant

This story indicates Newcastle isn’t going double daily, it’s just getting a bigger aircraft, a 777-300ER instead of an A330-200.

http://www.newcastleairport.com/Newsroom/Press/EmiratesPromotesNewcastleToBoeing777.htm

craigwatson
    Participant

sorry my misunderstanding, thought this was new news, and also that it was both the 777 and the a330, didnt realize they were just swapping one for the other.

craigwatson
    Participant

sorry my misunderstanding, thought this was new news, and also that it was both the 777 and the a330, didnt realize they were just swapping one for the other.

paulandsara
    Participant

I did notice on the EK site that the timetables in October 2012 show 77W’s with F for the two non-A380 flights. The first flight of the day has been an A330 with F so they are adding capacity on the MAN-DXB route.

skyguy79
    Participant

News from some Scouse crew in EK that this is being looked at !

skyguy79
    Participant

Liverpudlians may be saying AHLAN WASAHLAN instead of
    you awrice mace ! ( u alright mate ?!) if what I got this morning from Dubai is true which is that A330 LPL-DXB is starting next year !

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls