Emirates: Liverpool to Dubai?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

• Anonymous

skyguy79
    Participant

With all the high end premium traffic from Liverpool that fly MAN-DXB , it will be a coup if Liverpool get a direct A330 service to Dubai. Makes sense although, a dedicated lounge may be needed ( they seem to have managed ok without one at GLA and NCL).

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

“all the high end premium traffic from Liverpool”?

*Post edited by Business Traveller to remove inappropriate content*

Papillion53
    Participant

HedgeFundFlyer

That’s totally unwarranted and very disappointing that you felt it necessary to post a comment like this. How childish.

craigwatson
    Participant

BUT very close to the truth

Bucksnet
    Participant

If KLM can’t sustain a Liverpool service, then I doubt that even Emirates can.

Hippocampus
    Participant

Emirates certainly does well in the North West, but they are more likely to add frequencies from Manchester than set up a new base.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Emirates are more likely up gauge their existing flights to A380s.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hope they check the tyres before take-off. And that’s a JOKE !! PS And the wheels.

ZKSmith
    Participant

KLM failed to sustain a service due to EasyJet operating the same route at far lower costs. EK wouldn’t have any competition on this route. I would be surprised if they started a new service considering MAN in so close though.

skyguy79
    Participant

Not sure why people are quick to slate Liverpudlians. There are plenty of wealthy peeps in Liverpool and surrounding ( think football ) also I am aware of the amount of passengers using MAN as a gateway to fly EK as I used to work for Emirates !

727jesmond
    Participant

I agree with skyguymanchester, people should not be so rude, regarding folk from Liverpool.

Re the KLM loss on the LPL-AMS route, that was a big shame and frankly a surprise to me. I used KLM service quite often and always found aircraft well supported, used it to Amsterdam only and onwards long-haul, hopefully when the economy improves they maybe back. Until then there is Easyjet on same sector.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I have fond memories of Liverpool, but cannot think why EK would start direct flights from there. It’s true you have Cheshire to the west and the BAE factory, but it’s easier to get to MAN, which has a direct link to the motorway, than it is to LPL where you have to drive through the town.

727jesmond
    Participant

Im not sure I would think Emirates would offer a Liverpool link either, especially now, when things are not so great. I live in Cheshire, and use both airports, both take about the same time to get to, its true Manchester has the M56 motorway, but you have to be careful with traffic delays on that, jams are quite common. Liverpool has dual carriage way from Cheshire to the terminal also.

watersz
    Participant

where did this story origonate from as nobody has posted any related url ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls