Emirates First class is amazing

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

travelcanada
    Participant

If you have the cash, Emirates airlines has the best first class I have ever been on. Even at the check in, they are ready to help you with a smile. I guess it’s true, you get what you pay for.

http://cheapbusinessflights.blogspot.com/

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you have something to say, it is generally accepted practice to post it in the forum.

Simply creating links to your own affiliated website just isn’t cricket.

travelcanada
    Participant

I did say something. EA is the best.

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

In your opinion maybe, but not in mine. I once paid top dollar for a First ticket and ended up in a 330 from LGW which had old fashioned business class cradle seats! This was only about 3 years ago, when most other leading airlines had lie flat in Business, never mind First. They ripped me off and I will never fly with them again.

travelcanada
    Participant

really, i am quite shocked. Air Canada is no better, with an aging fleet and terrible service. It amazes me how these airline wins awards for service etc… what is this based on.

http://cheapbusinessflights.blogspot.com/

BlackTower
    Participant

cease and desist Travelcanada!

Potakas
    Participant

” Even at the check in, they are ready to help you with a smile.”

llllllloooooollllllllllll

Actually it’s the only thing they should do. :s
    ok they have to print you the boarding pass, pfff pfff

The_Flying_Nurse
    Participant

I recently used Emirates on a trip to BKK as their first class fare was slightly cheaper than BA’s business class. I was dissapointed that the seating type was inconsistent on both sectors inbound and outbound. However, the private first class suite they offered LGW-DXB was excellent from a privacy and comfort point of view. I thought there was a bit too much “gold” embellished around the cabin which made it look really tacky. The so called mini-bar was indeed mini and quite pointless as it only contained a few (warm) drinks, my main course was inedible, service fine and the crew were professional and pleasant enough. On reflection I would rather have paid slightly more and flown on the direct service with BA simply to get more rest on the flight and not have to change aircraft.

travelcanada
    Participant

I am really shocked

David
    Participant

I too have had mixed experiences with Emirates.

Like FirstClassWannabe, I booked and flew First on EK about 3 years ago out of LGW and found myself in the old-style Business Class product (craddle seats that recline only). A real disappointment although I have to admit that the Dom Perignon was a nice touch.

This was a reminder to myself to check what specific equipment (aircraft) is being used on specfic flights as this can vary greatly (Thai comes readily to mind).

Does anyone know whether Emirates have any old-style First still in their fleet? More recent flights with EK in Business have all been in the newer product.

cityprofessional
    Participant

To the OP, what are you talking about? Have you actually experienced EK F??? It is pretty underwhelming

I took 4 long haul segments last year and was sorely disappointed by the slow and unprofessional service (and, at times, downright rude), inconsistent amenities (running out of duvets, slippers and pajamas on an overnight flight?), poor lounge in DXB (have you tried the showers?), average or non-existent food (dine at your leisure, except when the flight attendants have finished all the first class main courses), and lost luggage (suitcases left in DXB despite a 3 hour layover). Oh, and a total devaluation of my Skywards miles about 2 months after getting home

Were it not for the fact that the price was (at the time) lower than business on BA/SQ, I would have been asking for a refund…

StephenLondon
    Participant

Well posted, VK.

TravelCanada, I’m afraid to disappoint you further, but my experiences mirror those of other posters on this forum that EK First is seriously underwhelming. I’ve have variable seating, dirty aircraft, surly cabin crew, crew who couldn’t understand a simple request for a spoon because their English was so poor, I’ve gone hungry and thirsty in First (yes, I had trouble getting a drink in First – the a/c was minimum crewed and all hands were doing the business class service, leaving the three F pax alone for several hours). I’ve had food that you wouldn’t feed a pet – I photographed it and sent it to EK and even EK managers couldn’t believe what was being served in F (they did send me compensation which I didn’t use – why go back for more punishment?). I couldn’t wait to get home after my last series of EK flights.

If you really want to comment on First Class, give us some comparisons with other carriers. Of late, I’ve very much enjoyed superlative seating and service on Etihad’s A340-600, an amazing experience (two, actually) on JAL 747-400s with some of the best catering and service in the air. I’ve also flown CX new First Suites several times and was very pleased with the comfort, ambiance, space, service and quality. CX have the best lavatories on an a/c, too – spacious, stylish and chic! I’ve even flown AC business class, and was very pleased with their new lie-flat seats on their 777s…service was with a smile from very pleasant crew.

What are your other First experiences? And no, I’m not keen on visiting your blogspot – tell us here…

joeash8
    Participant

I have to agree. I have had some of my best but also my worst ever F experiences with EK. The last flight it took 1 hour for post off drinks service. It took 25 minutes to place my meal order which as always is very hit and miss. Found a large shard of plastic in my dessert from the ice cream tub, just careless service. There is no service ethic apparent now in F. The showers are a gimic and never seem to be fully operational as is the social area. I have had better experiences with QR in F domestic than with EK long haul inc the A380. The EK F lounge in DXB is a complete joke compared to the QR F premium Terminal at Doha.

LindsayW
    Participant

Travelcanada, not much of a blogspot – 4 small comments and no substance. Your don’t comment on any trip on Emirates you’ve made. Your initial post in this thread would be deemed commercial and deleted on other FF websites

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls