Emirates B777-300ER (three-class with suites) Economy class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

DavidAdams
    Participant

FRA – DBX (11 Aug, 11:35pm)

Bizarre meal service on this flight. Both economy options – lamb and chicken – seemed to run out. The cabin crew created a new menu item – “beef”. This turned out to be leftovers from the business class meal. They were very creative in enticing the passengers to take this new option. It worked like this: When I requested the lamb, an FA said “OK, I’ll go find it for you, just give me 10 minutes”. Later, after 3 minutes, another FA came by, handed me a plate with something on it, said “Here’s your meal” and quickly left again before I could ask what was going on. It was some pieces of beef and vegetables, clearly from business class, but also clearly not the complete business class meal (e.g. no potatoes/rice or sauce for the meat). They had transferred it to a small plate of the kind used to serve cake in business class, then carried it uncovered through the plane before handing it to me and running away.

Well, I tried complaining to the FA afterwards, and also to the Purser, but they brushed it off. The FA pointed out that the food was from business class, insinuating that I should be grateful for it. I asked the Purser “Do you understand that the problem here is dishonesty?”. She said no, there was no dishonesty, just a “misunderstanding”, and that the crew had “good intentions”, and that she would “talk to the crew to avoid further misunderstandings”. It was clearly a waste of time to pursue it further with her so I didn’t.

This was one leg of a return trip SIN – DBX – FRA with Emirates. The service ranged from mediocre to terrible on all the flights – I discussed my bad experience on another of the flights in a separate review. A common thing for all the flights, that is worth mentioning here, is that drinks were always served long after the food during meal services. No chance to have wine with the food. Cynics might speculate that this is because passengers are more likely to request tea/coffee rather than wine after the meal, thus reducing the airline’s drinks expenses…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls