Emirates B777-300ER (three-class) First class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Flew with Emirates from GLA – DXB then DXB – SIN and the same on the return leg, flew all legs in the 1st class suites.

One of the perks with Emirates is that in both business and 1st they have a chauffeur drive service, was duly collected by the driver (who incidentally recognised me from previous flights) and was driven from my home city to Glasgow airport – some 75 miles away. Upon arrival at Glasgow there was zero line at 1st class check in, however, the check-in-clerk was a little miserable. Annoyingly, Emirates do not offer a fast-track card for security which on a £5K + flight I expected.

The main gripe with my Emirates experience is the lounge at Glasgow Airport. It is nothing short of awful, I’ve been in better Little Chef’s. No bubbles, no food, zero service and a dreadful interior, if Emirates want this service to succeed, they should rent some space from GG airport and build their own lounge, it really is that bad.

Onto the plane with no fuss, there is a separate walkway to the first class cabin and I was greeted warmly by cabin crew. Shown to my seat (2K) and immediately offered a glass of vintage Veuve – the stewardess then explaining that it would be Dom upon take off.

I took my seat inside the suite, and having flown this cabin before was reminded immediately of why I chose Emirates. These suites are excellent, far superior to BA or Qantas. Large screen TV, mini-bar, HUGE leather seat, sliding doors which you can close during the flight, lots of lighting, USB ports for charging and an electrical outlet for the same. Have a look at the suite on Emirates.com, it is fantastic. Seating configuration is 1 2 1 and I had chosen a single seat as I was traveling along, of course, the two together don’t benefit from a window.

Upon take off the stewardess was over to explain how everything worked, and also to inform me it is an a la carte experience meaning you eat when you want. So, the pressing of the button is encouraged not frowned upon as it is in most business class seats. I duly used the service and had a delicious lunch served with excellent wines, this was after a couple of 2003 Dom’s. The food was excellent and the menu comprehensive.

The cabins have their “ICE” system standing for Information Communication Entertainment and you control this with a little hand-held remote control device which has it’s own screen. Alas mines was not working properly but I just leaned forward and used the touch-screen TV itself. HUGE variety of on-demand movies/tv shows and a front/belly camera as well as the obligatory maps showing where in the sky you are.

Service was exemplary, whenever I needed anything they could not have been any quicker, however, the team are completely unobtrusive and don’t bother you unless they see your glass running dry.

They make the bed up for you and I did this on the second leg of my journey once I’d used the 1st class lounge in Dubai (which is by any stretch First Class!) and had a great night’s sleep in the suite which is private, comfortable and quiet.

Upon arrival at Singapore I was greeted by my driver who took me to the hotel – again in a Merc, all included in the price.

All in all, I would rate this experience as a 9/10 – on board scores a 10 could not ask for more, but the ground crew and the lounge need a little updating.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls