Emirates B777-200 (three-class) Business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

EK107 DXB LCA MLA 3h25/2h15

Chauffeur car

Arranged for 0555, driver was waiting in receiption as I checked out at 0550 and was pleasant/helpful/professional. DXB is a very busy airport these days and there was a bit of congestion on arrival, but still made checkin at -1hour 50 minutes.

Check in

Although checked in online, I had 2 cases to drop and had to queue for 2 minutes, before thes was accomplished in a polite and professional manner. The agent advised me that the gate was in T1 and suggested I used the lounge near there.

Lounge

For once, not rammed out and I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast from an absolutely fabulous range of western and eastern offerings.

The selection made BA’s Galleries Club look like what it is, a second rate and half hearted service.

Boarding

The gate was well controlled, with clear pre-annoucements and control of passengers, I was in the first few onboard and was greeted in a friendly manner by the senior cabin crew member and I infomred him I knew my way to the seat, whereupon he smiled and said his colleagues would be along to offer me a pre departure drink. This happened swiftly.

The seat

The seat is angled lie flat, with a shallow angle and does not feel like a ‘ski slope.’ I wasn’t tired, so didn’t sleep, but I did try the seat flat for 20 mins and it was comfortable enough, perhaps slightly on the firm side, but I could have got several hours of zzzzzzz if I had needed to.

For sitting, I found the Z position comfortable, the only neg is that the arm/elbow rests were not great (Club World is much better in this respsect.)

Departure

We pushed back about 10 minutes behind STD and had a very long taxi to the hold, but then were away quickly. Because of the Syrian conflisct, EK avoids that airspace, mandating a dogs leg track over KSA and Egypt (Sinai) to Larnaca.

Service

The service was professional and prompt, but also friendly (not always the case on EK) and I didn’t have to use the call bell once, as my drink was regularly topped up and the crew were passing through the cabin frequently, to make sure people were okay.

IFE

Absolutely top class, as usual, with a huge selection on the ICE system. I watched two new releases on the flight ‘Parker’ (Jason Statham tough guy movie) and Olympus Down (US movie about terrorists taking over the White House), neither of which I would have chosen to see at the cinema, but both of which were fine for a lazy morning after a hard week working in Dubai.

Food and Bev

Breakfast consisted of either a mixed grill (akin to an English breakfast), scrambled eggs or an omelette, but I didn’t take it, having eaten in the lounge. Looking at the people around me, the tray looked nicely presented, with fresh fruit, croissant, bread etc and the crew were walking around with OJ and Champagane, topping everyone up.

The lunch selection was either lamb stew, tahi seafood cakes or a veggie option and I chose the Thai. The quallity was really fab and I would have been happy with in a restaurant.

Punctuality and baggage

Despite the slightly late departure and the indirect course, we arrived on schedule at Malta and my bags were both off in the first 20.

Summary

An excellent flight experience and much better than my recent NRT-LHR experience with BA.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

The same movie choices I had on my recent UA flights! Alas in Economy Plus the screen was tiny. No doubt on EK Business it is a good size!

Nice concise review as always.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Tim]

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot form you.

I think Seat Plans re-cycled this review from earlier in the year!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls