Emirates and premium economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

As we have noted before the product isn’t officially launched until mid-2021.

However this particular A380 will enter service before then so what will be its inaugural route ?

I suspect this particular A380 (registration A6-EVN) will be deployed initially on the DXB-LHR route.

London was Emirates original long-haul destination when it operated into LGW (at that time) with an A310.

Unofficially this A380 could enter service as early as next week.

The clue will be in the seating plan and whether or not it displays a Premium Economy zone.

The latter comprises 56 seats configured 2-4-2 on the lower deck.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

As I noted in the above post …

Emirates today has confirmed that its A380 (with premium economy seating) will operate to London Heathrow tomorrow (January 4)

It will operate flights EK3 ex-DXB at 1420 returning from LHR with EK4 at 2020.

The plan is to operate these flights daily however bear in mind that aircraft changes can and do occur from time to time.

As premium economy will not be officially launched until mid-2021 I suspect some economy passengers will benefit from an upgrade

Emirates says “Until more premium economy seats enter its inventory, we [Emirates] intends to offer these as spot upgrades for its valued customers on a discretionary basis.”

toptraveller
    Participant

In response to the plus points of PE…

Additionally in many cases the ratio of cabin crew to passengers is greater in PE than Business class, which should translate as more crew engagement/service…however, the reality of how the crew that is assigned to PE is utilised on a busy flight (temporarily moved to support other cabins) may mean this does not always translate…

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls