Emirates A380 LHR-Sydney via DXB

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

PGuffrey
    Participant

Hi, spotted this news story on BT and wondered what people thought about it?

London to Sydney on Emirates’ A380

First time it’s possible to fly from London to Sydney on the A380 (ableit via Dubai), that’s got to be a good thing?

Inquisitive
    Participant

It is possible to fly London-Sydney in a A380 on SQ or QF daily flights. I started flying on SQ A380 flights almost 2 years ago.

PGuffrey
    Participant

Sorry, I read it wrong, it’s the first time on Emirates.

Begging the question, which would you rather? EK, SQ or QF? Choices choices.

PsyDtoBe
    Participant

Hey PGuffrey,

It depends on your cabin. I have never flown Emirates before but tried the other 2.

If you want to fly in Business, I would recommend SQ, but make sure you are in their A380 (just book through their website, the equipment are stated there) and you will also be able to book your food via “book the cook”! they have fantastic menu!!

But if you fly Economy, take Qantas, the seat is better than SQ and they have self service bar, but the service is not as good as SQ though.

if you choose to fly First, SQ will be very pricey about £1500 more than QF since it will be in Suites and you will not be able to book it online. If you book online, one of the leg in both of your journey will have to be in Business ex: LHR-SIN (R), SIN-SYD (J), SYD-SIN (J), SIN-LHR (R). Which i don’t think you want, so, the other options left are QF and EK.

but again according to my friend
    who flew on EK Suites, he told me almost everything were not working, the electrical door jammed and the ICE (EK’s AVOD) froze in which according to their FAs happen 95% so, unless you willing to pay more to fly with SQ, i recommend QF 🙂

TominScotland
    Participant

I have flown both EK and SQ on the 380 in Economy (to Auckland and Melbourne respectively) but not QF. The rear Economy cabin upstairs in SQ is really good- only about 60 seats and quite quiet. Forward seats in EK downstairs give a real sense of space and light and, again, are in a smallish cabin. Service is much of a muchness in Economy although SQ probably shade it on attentiveness.

macaulay
    Participant

The Singapore Business seat is like a two person booth for one and I did not care for it.
    With Quantas you have a poor chance of the entire trip being on the A380,a couple of weeks ago my Singapore London leg became a 747,and I realized what a poor job they have made of decorating the new planes (A380) the same old same old.Staff/service are not reliable either.
    So that leads me to think Emirates is my next option.
    By the way are the stories (came from cabin crew) of nausea at the back end of the A380 true ?
    Caused by some yaw or sway motion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls