Emirates A380 (Config. 1) Business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

rodders
    Participant

DXB/SIN A380 rear cabin of business class 03.25 departure.

The new A380 only lounge in Dubai is better than the one in Terminal B but noticeably more crowded though now that QF have moved in with their 2 A380’s daily. I don’t find the EK lounges very relaxing too open in my view, but I do like being able to board the plane from the lounge which is a nice touch.

There was no recognition of any Skywards membership/tier status on boarding or on the aircraft, despite the CSD walking around with his laptop….
    Flight was a few minutes late in leaving, due to an irate passenger asking to be upgraded due to his head rest coming off, the CSD was firm but polite in offering him any of the 20 free seats, eventually he sat in his original seat.

The crew were friendly and came round with the usual hot towels, washbags, and offering to make up the seat to a sleeping position with the mattress after take off. Given the timing I declined any snacks and tried to get some sleep.

I have usually tried to get a window seat, but this was a last minute arrangement, so was left with an aisle seat, I have to say I found it really quite cramped and not quite long enough.

Breakfast was offered some 1.45 hrs out of Singapore and given the way EK serve it was a while to receive the tray, fruit, yoghurt, breads, and then a choice of omelette, scrambled eggs, plus a couple of other local options.

Overall, the seat let the service down, I do think EK needs to rethink its fleet seating ranging from the dire A330 seating to this less than optimal seating on the A380. I am looking forward to my return to LHR on Malaysian’s A380

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls