El Al – politest crew in the business ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Charles-P
    Participant

Flew with El Al last week and as usual probably the politest crew I ever fly with. It might be to make up for the legendary long security checks that El Al does (fine with me) or perhaps Israeli people are just like that. Either way they are consistently the best I come across. Flying again with them this week after swapping from Brussels Airlines.

BigDog.
    Participant

Fully agree Charles. It may be down to developing extensive diplomatic skills and patience of a saint when dealing with the vagaries of some “orthodox” types who refuse to accept the seating arrangements, demand wholesale changes within the cabin and occasionally feel the need to wrap themselves to avoid contamination.

Charles-P
    Participant

I had not considered that. The demands of the Orthodox can be demanding for the crew (last year I heard one ask for all images of woman to be removed from the magazines near him) so that may well be where the skills are honed.

I know the Israel military gave up trying to accommodate them in the mainstream forces and now have special regiments that allow them to live an Orthodox life while serving.

Charles-P
    Participant

Religion – funny old thing.

I heard about the Anglican minister who when offered a whiskey on a flight politely declined, the stewardess then turned to the Catholic priest in the next seat and offered him the same to which he replied,

“I would sooner make love to a wanton woman then have whiskey touch my lips” to which the Anglican remarked,
    ” I didn’t realise there was a choice”

BigDog.
    Participant

A Catholic priest refusing a tipple – when hell freezes over 😉

ImissConcorde – 20/10/2014 14:02 GMT – spot on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls