El Al B777-200 First

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

BMBettesworth
    Participant

Flew EL Al First from LHR to Tel Aviv – overnight outwards with a late afternoon return the same day.

Arrived at LHR T1 where check in was in the old area that used to be used by BA? Security was what one would expect although the BAA personel were very rude and unhelpful – still that is not the fault of EL Al. The lounge has a separate room for 1st passengers with a small salad buffet and some soup. There was a range of spirits and Israeli wines on offer but no Champagne. Boarding was on time but another queue for security.

Once aboard the cabin was spacious and about half full and the cabin crew were very friendly and accommodating.

After take off (on time) menus were presented for dinner. I chose a starter size portion of chicken Caesar Salad – skipped the soup and had a main course of baked chicken thighs with couscous which was full of gristle and quite frankly inedible. I skipped dessert and had a cup of green tea. Israeli wines were offered but champagne was not available. After dinner the crew made up the bed and I got a decent 3 hours sleep although I found the bed narrow – it was relatively comfortable.
    The flight arrived ontime in Tel Aviv.

On the return – the same menu was offered and the beef option was equally poor)

Verdict – a comfortable flatbed with friendly and attentive service totally let down by the food and beverage offering.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls