EK introduces A380 on DXB-CDG route.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

Airpocket
    Participant

Can EK be serious? Are they really expecting enough traffic on the DXB-CDG route to make an A380 feasible?I mean, didn’t they axe the A380 on the DXB-JFK leg because there wasn’t enough demand?Sometimes its hard to fathom what goes on at EK’s HQ!

RahulSabharwal
    Participant

These are the routes that Emirates currently flies to or will begin services to soon:
    Auckland, Bangkok, London-Heathrow, Paris (begins February 2010), Rome (begins December), Seoul (begins December), Singapore (begins November), Toronto, Sydney

Airpocket
    Participant

Thanks Rahul. That’s an awful lot of new routes on the A380.I wonder if this particular aircraft is more fuel-efficient than the 777s and A340s that EK uses because, if it isn’t, then EK will run massive losses on the routes because I just dont see the demand to fly in this economic climate or over the next 6 months (apart from the Xmas holidays).
    Perhpas other BT readers are more optimistic about the immediate future of long-haul travel.

iftyislam
    Participant

For all the talk of new A380s, Emirates should focus on offering a consistent high quality service on all their business class if they really aspire to be a globally competitive airline. I’m sitting in Dubai Emirates Business Class Lounge having just flown in this morning from London on EK006 en route to Dhaka Bangladesh. When we boarded at Heathrow last night I was surprised and very disappointed to see the oldest style business class seats rather than the new full-flat pods with large LCds I saw on my previous Emirates business flight. In fact previous time I flew in June I had the nice new seats both directions DXB-LHR. I actually find bordering on fraudulent/misrepresentation that Emirates continue to persist with this business class seat “lottery”. This year I have flown on Eithad business twice to London and also Virgin and BA and seats are always the same and consistent quality. Why does Emirates management believe it is fair and equitable for them to offer a substandard business class product for the same fare as their competitors. I tried to complain to the lady in reservations in the Emirates Lounge and she said I should fill out a form (I’m pretty sure they won’t respond). I asked her to check whether my return DXB-LHR on Sep 15 was new or old seats. She could not tell me that either but suggested I check when I get to lounge on Sep 15(not sure what I can do at that stage). I fly London-Dhaka every month business and had tried Eithad twice and was please with previous Emirates experience. But after today’s business class seat rip-off there is no reason for me to waste money on Emirates again. I have read of many other passengers who have the same frustration on Emirates with randon seats/planes and poor customer service response. Senior management should stop wasting time on A380 glory purchases and focus on providing high quality consistent service to customers. I had the same poor service on Sep 17 EK007 on my way back to London. Useless and condescending comments from their customer service highlighting their terms and conditions clause. What a total waste of time. I for one will be extremely reluctant to travel emirates again unless I have to…

Airpocket
    Participant

Very well put Ifty! You’ve helped me make my mind up about my future choice of airlnes for long-haul trips.
    I wonder where and when it all started to go wrong for EK.
    And, I don’t expect those A380s to be flying in profit. Anyone know how much it actually costs to fly an A380 (including the cost of aviation fuel, crew salaries etc.,) between London and DXB?

iftyislam
    Participant

Thanks. The slightly odd thing was that the EK007 today was actually full! Why all those travellers are willing to put up with the substandard business class offering is beyond me. Maybe the global economy is recovering 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls