ek hand baggage

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Capetown2k
    Participant

I’ve just bought a Samsonite cabin size wheel case

I’ve checked the EK website and its ok apart from 2cm too wide (figures off Samsonite website)

I’ve got the tape measure out myself and it’s marginal if it’s too big including handle etc

I am traveling in first – am I likely to run into problems with it?

Thanks in advance

skywards
    Participant

If you are flying in first do you honestly think EK would have a 2cm problem? I think you will be just fine.

Capetown2k
    Participant

thanks skywards

i asked because i dont know

SimonS1
    Participant

I’ve never known EK to measure baggage, in fact I’ve never seen a baggage gauge at Dubai.

Capetown2k
    Participant

thanks simon

TerryMcManus24
    Participant

Even just as a Silver card member EKs luggage allowance is good at 40 Kilos each and never really a word on hand baggage(common sense) On last trip khun wife took the kitchen sink and that was OKed

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can’t speak for EK, but travelling F or C with several other airlines, I’ve never had a problem with slightly oversized or overweight cabin bags.

Recently flying Swiss ex MXP in Y I was asked to weigh my bag and it was 12kgs instead of 8. I said I had a meeting in the airport and was handing over documents to my colleagues which would reduce the weight to 8 kgs. She replied I had to come back to the counter to reweigh and get the cabin baggage label. I headed direct to the lounge and boarded without a problem!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls