EK A380 Service – MAN & BHX

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Poshgirl58
    Participant

EK has announced timetable adjustments to provide seamless A380 service for more onward connections.

From 1 January 2017, the BHX A380 will move from the current EK39/40 flights to EK37/38. For anyone not familiar with the BHX timetable, the A380 will now operate the afternoon flight ex DXB/evening departure ex BHX. EK39/40 will revert to 777.

MAN flights will all be A380 from the same date.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That is some route capacity.

The A380s on the MAN route are typically the 2 class versions that will carry up to 615 pax x 3 = 845 per day, 5,915 per week, 307,580 per annum.

esselle
    Participant

Of the twice daily A380 MAN-DXB service, one is two class and one is three. The 773 is three class. Not sure at this stage if the 380 due to replace the 773 will be two or three.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Assuming 2 x 3 class and 1 x 2 class, that is (517 x 2) + 615 = 1,649 per day, 11,543 per week and 600,236 per annum – my initial sums were incorrect.

That is a huge amount of capacity.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

We were discussing on another thread (on many threads) that the 380 has not penetrated USA.

I wonder if there is an economic case for a number of airlines, jointly utilising a “shared high density” 380, for coast to coast travel.

It would benefit a reduction in number of flights needed, probably reduce costs and perhaps spare up slots…

Just a thought….

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=754075]We were discussing on another thread (on many threads) that the 380 has not penetrated USA.

I wonder if there is an economic case for a number of airlines, jointly utilising a “shared high density” 380, for coast to coast travel.

It would benefit a reduction in number of flights needed, probably reduce costs and perhaps spare up slots…

Just a thought….

[/quote]

I doubt it. They prefer to differentiate from competitors and provide more regular flights to allow travellers flexibility.

MrMichael
    Participant

In no particular order, upper deck American Airlines, lower deck Jet Blue 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=754991]In no particular order, upper deck American Airlines, lower deck Jet Blue ?

[/quote]

You obviously haven’t tried JetBlue Mint

http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jetblue/mint/

That’s upper deck quality, too.

Flightlevel
    Participant

The possible purchase of A380s will depend on capacity required and LHR is full and so is LGW so there may be limits to the number of 777 slots available at those airports. The Americans can expand to STN and UK and Irish provinces though will that be enough before the 777X arrives? It also depends on a continued improvement of the trans atlantic market?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=755018]The possible purchase of A380’s may depend on capacity required & LHR is full & so is LGW so there may be limits to the number of 777 slots available at those airports. The Americans can expand to Stansted & Uk provinces though will that be enough before the 777X arrives? It depends on a continued improvement of the trans atlantic market?

[/quote]

I think the Americans may fly to slightly more destinations than London 😉

1 user thanked author for this post.

Sh4yaan
    Participant

The new morning A380 flight will be a three class aircraft…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls