Egyptair business class LHR-CAI

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

JeffD
    Participant

Have anyone flown Egyptair business class between Heathrow and Cairo Recently ? How did you find the service and the seat ? I have just booked and am now worried as my last experience was not too good. Thanks

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

Hi

Not between LHR and CAI, but I do use the carrier quite a bit due.

Unless the aircraft is an A330, you will probably be disappointed again.

Sorry 🙁

MarcusUK
    Participant

Hi. Colleague of mine flew a month ago & said “Never again”, to list what he said would cover evry aspect of what can go wrong.

If you had a bad experience before, why book again…?
    Though they are the cheapest on some routes…Pity BMI are cancelling their sector if they flew the A330…

JeffD
    Participant

Thanks Markroberts9.
    I do not want to open up a massive debate but I am using bmi diamond club points for this flight. I got my first choice of dates but bmi had no business class seats on the way down so I elected for Egyptair. I used Egyptair about 10 years ago and was thinking they may have upgraded their service since last time.

continentalclub
    Participant

Jeffery: I really wouldn’t worry unduly. I think you know already that you’re not going to get industry-leading service, but as you say, if you’re using miles and want a direct flight then you’re not left with a great deal of choice.

It’s only a little over four hours on a good day, so ultimately the comparison between it and competitor carriers on the route may be fairly academic in your case. If you’re really concerned though, then there are other *A options with one-stop through FRA and ZRH, for example.

If you want a preview of what you’re likely to experience, http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/trip_reports/read.main/143127/ might be useful.

As I say, it’s not going to be great, but on miles you may still be happy. Oh, do remember that they’re a dry airline, too.

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

“Oh, do remember that they’re a dry airline, too.”

On the other hand, they have never stopped me from consuming reasonable amounts of my duty free 😉

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone !!

It is a shame that we are talking about MS –again over their appalling premium class. MS really offers C and F cabins in a disgraceful condition. NO sensible pax who pay a decent amount of money will choose to fly those seats( more a torture seat from the Middle Ages) or a catering which is so inconsistant regarding its edibility–really a lottery. The A330 ( as far as I know–a former GA aircraft ) offers the best MS C class seat. Let us see how long the MS management will take to implement any improvements. The really only advantage of flying MS in premium class is — earning Star Alliance elite miles and therefore reaching your elite status quicker. But how long will it takes that those ” die hard miles fans” will stick their loyalty to MS–as long the premium fares are that low for gaining the miles? Probably? I tried MS –with the B 777 and A 330 — I was in both dissappointed. The new B737 are okay. But definitely the worst F class seatings in the B 777. It is not even a joke.It is insult for those who are paying F class fare and like getting an “ordinary stool”. I think sitting or lying on the floor in that cabin would be comfortable–unfortunately it is against aviation safety.

OzTraveller
    Participant

Just as a PS to the above. I don’t know that MS is a dry airline. They might profess publically to be so, but I once (more than 10 years ago) flew CAI/BKK/CAI in FST class on their (at the time) pride of the fleet, a B747-300. When the drinks trolley came rattling around, everyone ordered a tonic water, a dry ginger ale, and glass of water with ice. And then, in front of the elderly frumpy stewardess, reached for their briefcases and out came a bottle of JW Black, Bombay gin, Stoli vodka etc. It was a joke but we were all happy. A few of those aperitifs (specially when you make them yourself) and even the food tastes somewhat edible. I might add, I was the only westerner in the cabin …

JeffD
    Participant

I have just returned from the trip. What can say about Egyptair, boarding was chaotic to say the least, once on board the seat was average. The meal service was a real let down. Firstly no menu cards were given out. The crew came round with an offering of non alcholic drinks. The lunch tray quickly followed, no sooner had I managed to get into the starter that the main course arrived nicely presented on a trolley. By the time I was ready to eat it I am afraid it had gone cold. The sweet trolley came round soon after followd by coffee. So a pretty average flight.

I was really disappointed to only get one drink and one cup of coffee, no second round of coffee was offered. About 45 minutes befored we landed I really needed a drink, pressed the crew call and waited for 10 minutes, despite several crew members walking past the illuminated call light. I eventually walked back to the galley and asked for a glass of coke. This was served by a very off hand crew member who pointed out we would be landing in 30 minutes.

So in conclusion I can will probably not fly Egyptair again in a hurry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls