Edinburgh’s strength to strength

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

Reporting highest ever number of passengers for May and June, Scotland’s busiest airport continues to improve with increasing passenger numbers.

And, of all the times I’ve flown through this airport, (well over 500) I don’t recall any particular horror story….of course, now I’ve said that next time it’ll be horrendous!

http://www.edinburghairport.com/about-us/media-centre/press-releases/2013/07/09/edinburgh-airport-enjoys-busiest-june-on-record-with-8.4-increase-in-passenger-traffic

canucklad
    Participant

Hi AOTG….

EDI is definitely an economic success story…..not just for itself but for the east of Scotland in general….

And it’s great to read good transport news rather than “TRAMautic” news : ))

It’s also interesting to note, that international traffic is busier than domestic.
    But I’m disappointed that we haven’t heard anymore about the much rumoured Qatar launch.

Although AC’s new summer route to YYZ is welcomed…alas no use to me!

And I never realised it was also award winning… despite of the “Retailasaur” approach…

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

canucklad – 17/07/2013 09:01 GMT
    But I’m disappointed that we haven’t heard anymore about the much rumoured Qatar launch.

Agreed canucklad.

I first heard of Qatar offering a daily service some three years ago, ironically from the chauffeur driver of a ‘rival airline’ (no names no pack drills) taking me to GLA for my flight….to somewhere else! He told me that his company were wondering if they’d get the contract as this launch was imminent.

I have to say I am somewhat unclear what the hold-up is, it would appear Emirates see enough profitability in their GLA – DXB route to offer 2 flights a day every day, and that is not from Scotland’s busiest airport, would be great for us if there was an alternative as it would keep both airlines keen on pricing.

To be fair to EK, I normally find their 1st class for roughly the same, or maybe just a couple of hundred more than BA’s CW, and as I have to stop regardless of airline, it is a complete no-brainer to fly EK.

But, Qatar from EDI would be terrific, sure we as customers would benefit enormously. As an aside, have Qatar moved into any other regional airports to compete with EK do we know? (Off to check their website…..)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls