Economy Class on Etihad???

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Aravindha
    Participant

I am travelling Economy class on Etihad from Chennai to Cairo via Abu Dhabi. Is there any reviews or tips on how good the flights are. Is there an IFE on any of the routes?

corkie*
    Participant

I flew economy on Etihads A346 to Abu Dhabi back in November and I must say I thought the seat and IFE were one of the best Y seats I have flown.

The IFE has full AVOD and huge screens – bigger than on many C seats. When you recline, the seat part moves forward too, making the recline feel much bigger, although this may not be too good if you are particularly tall.

Service was a little “stale”, but the food was decent and drinks were offere d a few times.

On the whole a pretty good experience. Enjoy your trip!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

We have reviewed several Etihad flights,
    To find the reviews:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/etihad-airways

and also seatplans for the A346 (A340-600)

http://seatplans.businesstraveller.com/airlines/Etihad/A340-600-10

MarcusUK
    Participant

I have flown 12 flights on Etihad, over about 2 years. this has been LHR-AUH/ BKK/ KUL/ SYD, in both economy & Business cabins.

Eithad has a fresh spacious cabin, as the planes are all new, latest of comforts, quiet (773/345/346) 2-4-2 on 345/6 aircraft, so its great to havethe seat next to you not 2. Often if your travelling alone its a great benefit.
    The lighting to aid the time of day (million shades) is the same throughout the aircraft, the IFE is the same, just a smaller screen, but vry good. Food is excellent, (eg beefsteaks in economy as well as business). Seating is one of the most comfortable soft, ample leg room in Coral /economy.
    Some airlines i wouldnt fly economy anymore (like KLM adding another seat across), but Etihad provide the best Economy in the skies in my view.
    Add on the quiet planes, ample room on board, seating plans. & all the latest technology of a new aircraft, i would always choose them over others in Economy for sure.

AlexanderJ
    Participant

I’m a big fan of Etihad and would highly reccomend them, however I will always say go for the business class product as it is by far one of the best on that route.

If you become a card holder and book it through their rewards card desk I ALWAYS find they can do a business flight for only about 10%-15% more than the competitors economy on their routes.

city_hopper
    Participant

My brother in law is a manager for the airline so i have luckily had the pleasure of flying with them a few times.

I have used most major carriers and have to say etihad has been my most enjoyable of all. They give great leg room for economy and the seat is generally one of the most comfortable i have used. huge seat back tv`s, good recline. the food is more than bearable. the best thing for me is being able to look out of a window while i go to the toilet! ahh.. the simplest things in life….

AlexanderJ
    Participant

Ahhh the toilet window! I’d forgotten about that, I got a great picture on the A340 last November while flying over Germany at sunset, now thats multi-tasking!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
The forum ‘Etihad Airlines’ is closed to new topics and replies.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls