Easyjet’s latest ruse

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

Recently Easyjet have made a lot of effort to attract the businessman from the legacy carriers. I notice that they have a large advertising campaign in the media showing low fares to various destinations.

In the small print it states “these fares are based on two people travelling”.

So stuff the businessman….now we have them, only sell them high fares. Oh well, back to BA, you know when you are not wanted Easy! Didn’t take you long to change your spots.

BA744fan
    Participant

openfly – I think you might be a bit hasty in condemning Easyjet. I can think of numerous other airlines that do promotions based on 2 people travelling. Don’t BA sometimes offer ‘buy one get one free in F class?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

OpenFly

The reason for this is that they have a £9 booking fee, regardless of the number of passengers flying and it now has to say this after the ASA got involved. The fare for one person is only marginally more.

Xuluman
    Participant

There are many promotional offers in every industry. You don’t have to take them up. You aren’t supposed to get pissed off.

The flex fares are targeted for business travellers, not the summer deals targeting family holidays or weekend breaks for couples.

easyJet doesn’t equal cheap anymore; The benefits as a business traveller include punctuality, schedule, flexibility, redundancy, reliability, simplicity, consistency. All to a very high safety standard on new aircraft with crew that won’t bite your head off.

These surely are the important things for short business trips. They are invaluable. Boycotting the airline because you didn’t get a bargain basement price during summer peak period is a little rash.

What is it you actually want from your ticket? To be transported from A to B. And easyJet do that very well. Far better than BA – and the ticket price reflects the success of that.

Pricing changes every day on flights to fit the model based off historic load factors. If it is particularly high, it’s because the flight is busier than expected for that moment in time.

mkcol74
    Participant

Xuluman +1

SimonS1
    Participant

Stand back whilst Openfly’s toys are thrown out of the pram!!

On a flexible basis Easyjet are cheaper than BA on 90% of the flights I have priced up and in my case the added flexibility of not having to hike round to LHR.

And as stated above BA would never do anything in pairs – buy one get one free, Gold upgrade for two etc etc.

openfly
    Participant

OK…shot down in flames. Simon I can’t throw my toys out of the pram…I haven’t got any! :-))

SimonS1
    Participant

But do you have a perambulator 😉

*tears rolling down cheeks*

MrMichael
    Participant

Openfly, now you have let off steam I have no doubt you will be booking Easyjet again soon. I like Easyjet purely because you know what you get, they deliver. I admire Ryanair for what it does, although I do confess to never having flown them, mainly because they do not go to or from where I want to go to and from from (makes sense to me!). If Ryanair flew from SOU/LHR/LGW no doubt I might dip a toe in the water.

KarlMarx
    Participant

openfly – 07/07/2014 08:33 GMT

I agree it is poor advertising practice.

Charles-P
    Participant

I take the same view of easyJet as I do Ryanair and the other low cost carriers. I place them in the same bracket as taking a low cost coach from an airport compared to a taxi or hire car. They charge little and deliver little. The customer gets what they pay for and to expect them to deliver a full service airline product for an economy price is like buying a Fiat and expecting a Ferrari.

KarlMarx
    Participant

Just what do you get on a ‘full service’ airline, on short haul, these days?

No more seat pitch that the locos, often an older aircraft and the crews are so busy, it’s usually only one drinks run in the cabin, unless the flight is a longish one.

Work sends me on BA (soon to be LX), but my own copper buys me a loco ticket.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls