EasyJet’s answer to taxiing costs

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

flyingbunny
    Participant

Flying to Vienna from Gatwick South the other day with EasyJet. Everyone sighed as we boarded the bus after the Gate (as we could see EasyJet planes 100m away). But then to everyone’s surprise we were taken on a magical mystery tour, out of the airport, around the road (public road) and back into the airport at the North Terminal – presumably this is the route the bus transfer takes while the monorail is finished. There was no warning that this would be a 10 minute bus ride so we were all swinging on one finger while holding our bags between our knees.I was surprised how easy it was to go through all that security and then suddenly be landside again. I know EasyJet is flying from both terminals but why not check us in at the North Terminal. Is it just because they couldn’t be bothered to taxi the plane from North to South? Anyone know if this is normal?

PilotAddict
    Participant

It does seem a bit risky to put everyone on a bus out into the big wide world. But I imagine it is a cost saving and EJ is just saving on logistics. you probably saved time as the bus would have moved faster than a taxiing plane.

SimonS1
    Participant

I returned from Amsterdam at the end of March, the plane parked at the South Terminal and we were all bussed to the North along the same road you mention.

I assumed it was one of those things and they were cutting corners as the plane’s next rotation was to one of the destinations covered from the South.

flyingbunny
    Participant

Thanks for the replies – yes it must be cost cutting. I guess especially now, with the huge daily losses, these are the sorts of things which will help airlines. So not complaining.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls