easyJet Website

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• Anonymous

FDOS_UK
    Participant

There was a time, a few years ago, when I didn’t like using the easyJet website, because I found it a bit clunky.

What a difference in recent years; I have recently made a few bookings and was reminded how it has matured into a stable and easy to use platform, with underlying systems that automatically re-allocate me from an exit row into a different numbered exit row, in the event of equipment change.

How does everyone else find the experience?

SealinkBF
    Participant

It is superb. Their app is excellent, and easyJet Holidays is the standard that other websites should aspire to.

EastCoast747
    Participant

I have never flown with them and was checking out their site for flights LGW-NCE in July. I was trying for ages to see the Flexi fares but they just would not come up.Then I saw in the small print they can only be booked within 120 days of travel.It would be smart if they were a bit more upfront with this info.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

“Flexi tickets… can only be booked within 120 days of travel.”

Never knew that, you learn something everyday and thanks for sharing it.

Edited: I support your comment that this should be displayed more openly.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Another interesting thing about the website is that if you want the seat next to you to be kept free, you simply book it.

Obviously you would need to pay for two seats, and seat selection for each of them, but there’s nothing stopping you if you like having the middle seat free.

EastCoast747
    Participant

The other part of the booking process that is not clear for a first timer relates to hold baggage. When you add a hold bag are you adding it for one or both sectors on a round trip ticket ? I assume the latter but it should be spelt out.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I had the same concern on a trip before Christmas and because of the uncertainty I packed light and didn’t pay for hold baggage.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

SiteAdministrator – 17/02/2016 15:10 GMT

I did that (on Ryanair, too) many times when I lived in Malta.

The same space as business class for a lot less outlay!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

You’re both right about the hold baggage, it is inconsistent with seat selection, which is offered sector by sector.

Edited: East Coast, yes the fee applies to both sectors on a two sector booking.

The Ryanair website is better in this respect.

EastCoast747
    Participant

FDOS: Thanks.
    With baggage fees Easyjet are coming out more expensive than BA so they will probably have to wait a bit longer for my business.I doubt this will impact their share price though…

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I hadn’t realised booking an extra seat on easyJet was so easy. Is there a place to do it or do you just literally book two seats in your own name?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I used to book via the call centre for easyJet and via the website for Ryanair, who even publish a procedure to do this.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, you just book two seats and put your name on both of them in the passenger section. It didn’t used to be possible, but the change was made about 18 months ago, I was told.

openfly
    Participant

Easyjet are a bit naughty as they charge the passenger taxes for the empty seat….not strictly legal, but they say the fare is the appropriate charge. On the other hand, BA charge the fare without the passenger charges and taxes. The booking has to be made thru the Exec Club.
    Just done a couple of short-haul return BA flights, in the Em Exit row, on full sectors, and the Comfort Seat that I had booked was empty on each sector. So, lots of space and legroom. Much better and cheaper than CE. The system worked well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls