Easyjet – Take-Off/Inflight Engine Incident

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• KeaneJohn
    Participant

I notice in the newspaper article the airport was closed for 20 minutes and 2 flights were diverted…………………. oh what happened in the BA incident again ?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Whatever perception we may have of the Italians, they are rather efficient. I still don’t understand why LHR was closed for as long as it was, but in the UK there seem to be so many official bodies, such as H & S etc and they all,want to add their tuppence worth to justify their existence.

SimonS1
    Participant

Or was it just that the EZY flight taxied away from the runway and disembarked using stairs rather than deploying emergency chutes?

Xuluman
    Participant

Simon the Speedbird had an engine fire and shut down. This led to the evacuation. EZY plane was just aesthetic.

canucklad
    Participant

I might be stating the blindingly obvious here….

The BA incident involved the engine catching fire, and this one didn’t !!

BigDog.
    Participant

Also in BA’s case it appears failures by the BA pilots/engineers to secure/check BOTH engines, which to me is pretty catastrophic.

TominScotland
    Participant

BigDog then, do you have new information? Unless you do, why is the legal action being taken against the manufacturers of the aircraft and the engines and not BA? As reported on the BBC last month and noted on this forum:

“The legal action is against Airbus, which made the aircraft, and International Aero Engines, which made and sold the engines.

It is not, however, against British Airways, despite the fact that it was their plane”.

BigDog.
    Participant

Hope this helps TominScotland

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2007254

…”According to an interim report by the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB), BA had failed to close the fan cowl doors properly during maintenance checks the night before.”

then

…”A spokesman for Stewarts Law said no lawsuit has been filed against BA because international law prevents claims for emotional distress against airlines.”

Thank goodness there were no fatalities, however one may deduce that if there had been then BA would have deservedly been on the hook.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls