Easyjet profits down

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I presume we will see this sort of result for all UK airlines over the coming months and, indeed, those with a high dependence on the UK market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38728917

It will only get worse when folk realise that their litres of lager will cost 20% more than last in year in Spain this summer…..

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I think you are right.

Not just UK airlines, though, also a major Irish carrier.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Tom, just re-read your comment and think you had scoped in Ryanair, so I agree there, too.

The other thing that will hit easyJet’s financials over the next year or two will be setting up an EU domiciled company, but they have little choice in the matter.

The BBC article renamed the CEO to Caroline (from Carolyn) and contained this wonderful line

Easyjet, which is one of the biggest 100 in the UK, is planning to keep its London listing and Luton headquarters.

Biggest what? airline, sellers of sarnies, users of orange paint?

At least the Beeb didn’t describe them as ‘infamous’;-)

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Ryanair is currently based in Euroland so not sure how that plays out for them.

Going back to Easyjet, I read they are budgeting €10,000,0000 to set up the European base. That seems very high to me but maybe it’s correct. I don’t see any real problems in setting up a second base though, as Easyjet employ so many people and bring in so much revenue that no authority will want to see them go.

AMcWhirter
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls