EasyJet or BA for London – Madrid?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

GuestFlyer2010
    Participant

Hi there – just interested in knowing what you think about this.
    A friend of mine started to work for a company based in London (City area). Apparently they fly quite often to Madrid for business. Besides his company’s policy, I was wondering: is it better to fly BA from Heathrow or EasyJet from Gatwick? Easyjet is normally cheaper but given the frequency of the flights that this friend of mine has to take to go to Madrid, I am not sure whether flying low cost is comfortable enough… Also, would Ryanair from Stansted be an option?

Any views? many thanks for sharing your thoughts/experiences!

jetlagged
    Participant

I’d have thought the best option (depending on schedule) would be to go for BA to LCY – smaller planes and 20 minute check-in at LCY….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Must be down to schedule, but i would avoid Stansted and Ryan.

CharlieBrown
    Participant

LCY-MAD is a good option. BA fly twice daily Monday to Friday but don’t operate on Saturdays whilst running just one Sunday service. The train from Victoria to Gatwick is 30 minutes before taking into account tube journey(s) together with the 40 minute check-in deadline. If weekend flights are not of concern then BA from LCY would be my first choice.

PaulJennings
    Participant

Personally I prefer BA, objectively there are several advantages. As noted above, there are 2 flights per day from LCY with BA, in total BA and IB (codeshare) offer 14 – 15 flights from London to Madrid on a weekday – the rest from LHR – which is unbeatable in terms of flexibility.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Try http://www.ba.com/valuecalculator which should help you which is best for your needs from a financial perspective.

JordanD
    Participant

Having done this run a number of times over Autumn/Winter last year, it is much-of-a-muchness.

BA and easyJet have provided me with excellent service on this route, often due to delays outwith thier control (snow in Luton, Madrid & Heathrow; ATC strike in Madrid). Personally, I do like the BA service from LCY to MAD – efficient, fast and good service at the LCY end and nice new aircraft.

One thing to note – at MAD, BA operate into/out of T4 (specifically the satellite building there). This is the one bit of the operation that I find frustrating – T4 in Madrid seems to take far longer to exit than T1 where easyJet operate into. Baggage service (reclaim) also seems to be quicker in T1.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls