Easyjet operational inadequancies – loses court case

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

BigDog.
    Participant

Good to see EasyJet on the hook, losing this case where passengers arrive more than 2 hours ahead of flight yet due to lack of check-in staff and refusal to prioritise queue by departure time. Further queues at the bag drop, all conspired to passengers missing flight – through no fault of their own.

The next available flight was 2 days out – with BA, with a heavy mark-up, therefore £1,000 compensation.

One hopes this creates a precedent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3281411/Couple-missed-easyJet-flight-win-1-000-compensation.html

MartinJ
    Participant

Bad enough for an airline to allow these inadequancies but even worse to not make up. This case should have never gone to court.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It appears the judge awarded EC261 denied boarding compensation.

I’ve often wondered what would happen in these circumstances, as I’ve been close to experiencing it.

Good to see the passengers compensated for something beyond their control.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

The truculence of EZY’s position is astonishing.

canucklad
    Participant

Thanks AD
    What a cheeky word, a word that is tailor made for use on this day of all days, a Thursday ……..

“Truculence”

If you’ve ever departed EDI of a busy morning you can’t help but be caught up in EasyJet’s inadequacies ….. Even if you’re not flying EZ.
    As throngs and throngs of harassed travelers try to beat their deadline, causing a melee in an already crowded check-in area.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I thought I was reading a rehash of a frequent but old Ryanair experience. Seriously any business that fails to deliver service at the most basic level, refuses to acknowledge they were wrong, causes increased costs and considerable inconvenience and then arrogantly forces people into a court case, the CEO should have the balls to speak up and apologise. Who is the CEO Sepp Blatter?

1 user thanked author for this post.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Glad to see EasyJet get this slapdown.

Had a similar experience with Jet2 recently (although I did make the flight just in time, a sweating mess)….

1nfrequent
    Participant

Sadly it looks like the Scots version of county court, so I don’t think it’s binding on other courts but it’s certainly very useful and I’m pretty surprised that Easyjet’s in house team even allowed this to go to court given the circumstances and the evidence that the couple had.

1F

casenet
    Participant

Bad enough for an airline to allow these inadequacies but even worse to not make up. This case should have never gone to court.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls