easyJet new cabin bag policy (now similar to Ryanair’s)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1024326][/postquote]

Alex, even nostalgia isn’t what it used to be 🙂

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

[quote quote=1024326]Over the years it’s all down to having the lowest headline price.[/quote]

Does anyone still choose an airline by the “lowest headline price”? Has not even the most infrequent of flyers, if they have only learnt one thing about the pricing of airline tickets, learnt that the headline price is misleading at best and an outright lie from most airlines? That and that airlines are lying gouging companies whose attitude to customers is to fleece them any way they can.

If I find I am booking a route which means I have to use LCCs with their despicable pricing model, I open tabs for all the airlines on the route, go all the way through the booking with each, and only choose when I see the final price at the PAY NOW screen.

It’s a bore. It confirms my view that while airlines claim they fly you to the stars, they have, whether deliberately or not, built themselves a pricing model which is firmly in the gutter. And with it, so is their reputation. But the airlines seem not to mind that either.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1024718]Does anyone still choose an airline by the “lowest headline price”?[/quote]

Cedric, no different to guests believing they have a cost effective hotel room when selecting the lowest headline price shown for most US and Asian hotels. Guest book hotels (even prepay) and on check out are surprised by the added extras (tax, service charge, resort fee) that are never mentioned at time of booking.

I have always thought your idea of charging for hand luggage and encouraging free checked luggage makes sense for the reasons you mention.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls