Easyjet credit card

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

viking01
    Participant

Flybe and Easyjet launch loyalty credit cards
    (Business Traveller 16/1/08)

DO NOT TAKE OUT THE EASYJET CARD

IT IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF !

As part of the offer, you can make balance transfers onto the card, interest free, for a period of 6 months. But if you do take advantage of the offer, what you’ll find is firstly you are charged £30 for transferring the balance, and secondly, you are charged interest on every transaction you make on the card, even if you clear the balance of these transactions completely at the end of each month.

The reason?

Easyet (or Citibank which runs this card for it), say that you only get interest free transactions if you clear the balance at the end of each month. And by that,they mean clear not only the transactions you’ve made that month, but also the balance transfer. So if you take out the card, and transfer, say, £2,000 onto it, and then make £200-worth of transactions each month, even if you clear that £200, you will be charged interest on them because you haven’t cleared the balance (ie: the other £2,000).

I think that’s misleading of the company, and I am complaining about it, for what it’s worth.

Meanwhile, I have a credit card I can’t use for six months (or accrue easyjet miles on) without incurring interest !

I’m disappointed with Easyjet, though. It’s the sort of thing I’d expect from Ryanair, but I thought Easyjet was made of better stuff.

I’m saddled with a card that gives me one pence off the price of an easyjet flight for every one pound I spend (more if I use the card to buy an easyjet flight), but which charges me an even greater rate of interest than this benefit every time I use the card.

The net result?

I won’t use it, and so won’t get any benefit from having it.

Far from building loyalty with the airline, this card has only annoyed me.

Not a very successful affinity programme.

VintageKrug
    Participant

But you should never carry a balance on any credit card, that’s just asking to be ripped off.

Use them for the affiliate benefits and then set up a DD in full each month, and walk away once the benefits no longer stack up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls