Easyjet – any hidden charges?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

MarkivJ
    Participant

Good afternoon folks! I find it a bit funny posting a question on a low cost carrier in a forum where everyone’s talking about their fine experiences on full service airlines’ Business and First Class! anyway here goes my question – I’m proposing flying one way on Easyjet from Nice to Lisbon. The flight leaves Nice at 9p and is scheduled to arrive in Lisbon around 1015pm. I have a few questions as I have never flown Easyjet before.

The website along with the fare shows a fee for checked baggage (what they call “hold luggage”) and 1 free carry-on. I will have one suitcase I need to check in. Is there any other hidden charge I’m not aware of?

Next, how do they do in terms of punctuality? Seeing as I’m landing in Lisbon at 1015p and it’s my first time to the city, and I don’t spk the language…the last thing I want is an unprecendented delay.

I don’t so much care about the seats or comfort anything – all I care about for this short flight is hidden fees and record of punctuality.

Also, I don’t know if it was this or Ryanair or just a myth, but I recall reading a story where someone hadn’t printed their boarding card or hadn’t checked in online and had to pay an extra (and fairly high) fee at the airport.

Thanks BT!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Firstly, i hope you enjoy Lisbon, it’s a lovely city.
    You should have no trouble with EasyJet provided you make certain to follow the pre flight instructions that are easy to understand, on their website.
    No airline can guarantee no delays but EZ are no worse than any other (actually in my own experience, pretty good).
    Make sure your luggage is the correct weight and dimensions, remember your passport and turn up on time!
    Have a great time.
    John

MrMichael
    Participant

Also, make sure you check in and print off your boarding passes, or I believe they will make you pay for printing it.

easyJet has a very good reputation MarkivJ here in Europe. If I were you, I would have a look at a flexible fare on the date you wish to travel. This will include your hold luggage and choice of best seats and is often not much more than a basic fare.

Other than that, nothing is free on board…not even coffee or tea, and you may be charged extra depending on the form of payment you use.

And I am very impressed by your choice – Lisbon is a very special place and I wouldn’t worry about arriving late.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve not flown EasyJet, but just a few points that may be helpful. LIS is one hour behind French time, same as UK, so it’s actually 2.15 flight, though flying TAP (who use very small planes on this route) the actual flying time is about 1:30 giving ample time for an on time landing if there are delays at Nice.

LIS airport is very close to the centre of town so you could be nicely tucked up in bed by 11pm!

And if you enjoy Sardines, I’ll give you the address on an amazing shop in the old part of town, that has one of the best selections you’ve ever seen

MarkivJ
    Participant

You guys are amazing! Thanks so much for such immediate responses. I’m really looking forward to Lisbon, my first time. Thanks for the pointer on the time difference, although I should be ok with a 2 hour flight. Living in the US and flying on US carriers internally one gets used to no food or pretzels on board! LOL, but at least the tea’s free! I will be sure to check in online and get my boarding cards printed. I’ll also look into the flexi fare and see if it’s a good investment. Thx again!!

passionateflyer
    Participant

To clarify, you don’t have to pay for not printing your boarding passes with easyJet (it’s Ryanair who make you pay) but you can’t join the check-in queue without a boarding pass so you have to use self-service kiosks if you haven’t already printed your boarding pass

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls