Easiest few hundred quid I've made for a while (why EC261 is a good thing)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’m no expert in this Capetonian, but I’d certainly say he was entitled to EU261 for both journeys. I’m not sure about the out of pocket expenses though. Is EU261 supposed to compensate for that? Hopefully someone can give a more definite answer.

fearbolg70
    Participant

Here’s the text of their answer; Note when we phoned easyJet the operator told us to find accomodation that Easyjet could not help.
    Hence my description of their reply as “risable”. I didn’t mention EU261 in my claim. Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you

Thank you for your expense claim which we received on 07/06/2018.
    Having reviewed your claim, we are unable to repay any of the claimed costs under EU Regulation 261/2004.
    Hotel – 293.79 EUR (The hotel portal was active on our easyJet.com website and through the mobile app).
    For more information on the payment of reasonable expenses in times of delays or cancellations please visit: http://www.easyJet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/delay-and-cancellations.
    Once again, we are sorry for the cancellation of your flight and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
    Claim ID : EV4RMR6-8884-001
    Case Reference Number: 102932034
    Regards,
    Darshana
    easyJet Customer Services

fearbolg70
    Participant

Thank you FDOS,
    Here’s the text of the reply I received from easyJet. I didn’t mention EU261 in my claim and as you can see
    €293.79 for an overnight stay & snacks for 3 is very reasonable. Any further advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your expense claim which we received on 07/06/2018.
    Having reviewed your claim, we are unable to repay any of the claimed costs under EU Regulation 261/2004.
    Hotel – 293.79 EUR (The hotel portal was active on our easyJet.com website and through the mobile app).
    For more information on the payment of reasonable expenses in times of delays or cancellations please visit: http://www.easyJet.com/en/help/at-the-airport/delay-and-cancellations.
    Once again, we are sorry for the cancellation of your flight and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
    Claim ID : EV4RMR6-8884-001
    Case Reference Number: 102932034

Regards,

Darshana
    easyJet Customer Services

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls