Earning Avios / Tier Points technical question

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hktbound
    Participant

Just a quick technical question – Just about to book a flight on American Airlines metal with a Finnair flight number using Expedia in J.

Will I get credit for Avios and Tier Points for BA using my Executive Club Card.

I realize that I would get Avios and Tier points on a AA flight booked on AA or BA but I though it wise just to check that as it is a Finnair codeshare but on AA metal I have added to many variables.

I do not have Finnair or AA loyalty

Many thanks

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I stand to be corrected but in the past I recall , not me but colleagues, were penalised on points awards because the booking was through an OTA in this case Expedia. It was a while ago but it adds to your variables

1nfrequent
    Participant

According to the BA website you should receive tier points and avios on a flight booked with a one world partner using another world partner for a code share.

1F

Hktbound
    Participant

Thank you!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=857158]I stand to be corrected but in the past I recall , not me but colleagues, were penalised on points awards because the booking was through an OTA in this case Expedia. It was a while ago but it adds to your variables[/quote]

That could be because the OTA sold a consolidator fare that had no bens attached, but it is normally not the case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls