Dutch Railways (NS) workers plan strike action in the coming weeks

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I thought I would alert you this news seeing as some of you may be planning to use NS for travel within the Netherlands or, more probably, to travel from Schiphol and Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and so on.

It is hoped international trains such as Eurostar/Thalys will not be affected.

RCinBelper
    Participant

Unless I am cracking up, the NS website is strangely silent on the issue. I will have a look again tomorrow and let you know if there’s any further information. RC

AMcWhirter
    Participant

The strikes continue.

Tomorrow no Eurostar trains will operate within Netherlands. This will cause much inconvenience to Eurostar customers as its LON-AMS trains are very popular.

It’s reported by local media that there are more NS strikes planned for next week.

Slf23
    Participant

The Dutch rail strikes in the 90s were superb. The only staff who didn’t turn up to work were the ticket collectors / revenue staff. Everyone travelled for free and got to where they needed to be.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls